Google Maps rant

If tracking each other's position is important on a daily basis I can recommend the Life 360 app.

I've been using this for years principally so that my daughters can keep an eye on me remotely since I travel alone.

There's an annual subscription of about £20.

It's a brilliant app.
I use the Life360 free version, as Phill tends to wander up into the Black Mountains without telling me and the clouds come down so quickly, thank you Jo001.
I didn't know about Google maps tracking, thanks barryd.

I use the Life360 free version, as Phill tends to wander up into the Black Mountains without telling me and the clouds come down so quickly, thank you Jo001.
I didn't know about Google maps tracking, thanks barryd.

Yep its pretty useful. I take it Life360 does not track ether without a data connection?

I need something similar but more accurate to find my wife in local markets or supermarkets !!!

LOL! You should be ok with Google maps for that. Usually a good signal there. Are you hoping to tell her off if she is spending too much time (and money) in them? :D

Have the tracker off a Lime or Forest bike, they always seem to find their bikes even when chucked in a canal. :D

How do you get g maps tracking? I have timeline on.

You both have to have a Google account which presumably you have.

• Open the Google Maps app

• Tap your profile picture or initial

• Tap Location sharing

• Tap New share

• Choose how long you want to share your location

• Tap the profile of the person you want to share your location with

• Tap Send

Once they have opened up the message your google avatar will show up on maps wherever you are and vice versa if they share with you.

I need something similar but more accurate to find my wife in local markets or supermarkets !!!
This maybe. 😂
cat tracker.jpg

This is what I see in Maps if Michelle is online. If she goes off line the little bears face goes all grey. :D If you click on it though it shows you more details and when and how long ago she was seen at that point if its offline. If its online it moves. She often tracks me when Im out on the bikes. Unless I turn it off of course.

screenshot_651.jpg

Yep its pretty useful. I take it Life360 does not track ether without a data connection?
It's much more sophisticated than Google's function.

It shows tracking history, how fast someone is moving, alarms can be setup for arrival or departure from a location. It's remarkably versatile.

When the family and I are on holiday we can rendezvous just by tracking our respective positions which is much more useful than it sounds.

Back