GHIC (UK Global Health Insurance Card)

alcam

Discovered my EHIC had expired and applied for GHIC . Friend apparently has been waiting over a month !
Hope to be away mid March , anyone have recent experience applying for this ?

I applied for ours last monday got an email straight away saying the applications had been successful and they were being processed, not heard anything since.

Hi - mine only took a few weeks. However do remember these cards may not cover you for every expense, as my sister is right now finding out - unfortunately.

This is taken from the email i received within a minute or so of me putting the applications in. I also got an identical email for the wife`s application.

Dear ****** ******

Thank you for your application for a UK Global Health Insurance Card (GHIC).

Your application has been successful.

We'll post your new card to the address you provided in your application. You'll usually receive it within 15 working days and can use it as soon as you receive it.

It may take longer to receive your card at busier times of the year, but you can still get healthcare cover abroad without your card. See the section titled ‘Getting treatment abroad if you do not have your card’ for more details.

If you have added anyone else to your application, you’ll receive a separate email for each person to advise you about their UK GHIC.

Hi - mine only took a few weeks. However do remember these cards may not cover you for every expense, as my sister is right now finding out - unfortunately.
Indeed . I've ended up in hospital 3 times , twice in France and once in Spain . Card worked in all cases , didn't have insurance . Medical condition now , reluctantly , forces me to have insurance .
Hope your sister doesn't have to pay too much
This is taken from the email i received within a minute or so of me putting the applications in. I also got an identical email for the wife`s application.

Dear ****** ******

Thank you for your application for a UK Global Health Insurance Card (GHIC).

Your application has been successful.

We'll post your new card to the address you provided in your application. You'll usually receive it within 15 working days and can use it as soon as you receive it.

It may take longer to receive your card at busier times of the year, but you can still get healthcare cover abroad without your card. See the section titled ‘Getting treatment abroad if you do not have your card’ for more details.

If you have added anyone else to your application, you’ll receive a separate email for each person to advise you about their UK GHIC.
Yes got that . Think I'd better look up section about not having card !

Discovered my EHIC had expired and applied for GHIC . Friend apparently has been waiting over a month !
Hope to be away mid March , anyone have recent experience applying for this ?
Thanks alcam wasn't aware of this so have now applied....... :)

Mine and the wife`s GHIC cards arrived together in one envelope friday 03 March 2023. They took 9 working days as follows.

Applied on monday 20 Feb, got 2 emails ( 1 each ) immediately saying the applications had been successful and the new cards arrived friday 03 March.

Mine and the wife`s GHIC cards arrived together in one envelope friday 03 March 2023. They took 9 working days as follows.

Applied on monday 20 Feb, got 2 emails ( 1 each ) immediately saying the applications had been successful and the new cards arrived friday 03 March.
Good news for you and , hopefully , me .
I applied February 23rd , going away 15th March so should be ok

You need to go to a state hospital to get the benefits of a ghic card.
If in an ambulance someone needs to tell the driver.

You need to go to a state hospital to get the benefits of a ghic card.
If in an ambulance someone needs to tell the driver.
Maybe just lucky . As I said before I was really impressed with treatment in France and Spain.
Saturday night in a Madrid hospital I saw , amongst others , an ophthalmologist and a neurologist.
Extremely impressive considering I was only there for an ingrown toenail 🤣

Maybe just lucky . As I said before I was really impressed with treatment in France and Spain.
Saturday night in a Madrid hospital I saw , amongst others , an ophthalmologist and a neurologist.
Extremely impressive considering I was only there for an ingrown toenail
We have also been impressed with Spanish hospitals
Our 10 month old granddaughter is in intensive care now at Cadiz Hospital. (Government) She has a very bad virus.
We are going there tomorrow .

• Sad
Reactions: REC
We have also been impressed with Spanish hospitals
Our 10 month old granddaughter is in intensive care now at Cadiz Hospital. (Government) She has a very bad virus.
We are going there tomorrow .
Always horrible when young children are ill but the little buggers are tough .
She'll be driving you mad in no time

Good news for you and , hopefully , me .
I applied February 23rd , going away 15th March so should be ok
Still no GHIC (or popit sim) starting to think this may be connected with my sorting office . Apparently some problems there .
Contacted someone I know who works there .
Inside job 🤞

Still no GHIC (or popit sim) starting to think this may be connected with my sorting office . Apparently some problems there .
Contacted someone I know who works there .
Inside job 🤞
Just received GHIC . 15 days , as promised . Well done NHS Business services

Panic over then ?
Got concerned [panic me!] when my friend said he'd been waiting over a month .
He was going to chase his card this week . Messaged him 3 times to find out how he'd got on . Still waiting to hear from the little tolly

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back