Getting nervous in my old age.

Rob there is a flo gas depot at Peterborough on your way north only 58p a litre, although it’s 40 mls from me the only one nearer is at oakham tyre depot & charges £1 a litre

Gave Flogas a ring Ken and I'm popping over there this afternoon.

Thanks mate.

OK. Don't know why I thought it was Shell though, now looking at the address I pasted

I will bear the ones at St Ives and Cambourne in mind in future though as I go out that way quite a lot.

Thanks

First time I filled I went into the garage and asked if there was someone who could show me the correct way. A very helpful gent came out and took his time to show me and explain the process then disconnected without putting gas in then said 'your turn'!
He watched on and after said 'easy when you know how' I very much appreciated his help and told him so.
Still get surprised by the wooosh when I disconnect:eek:

(I'm a posh bloke wiv impeccable manners I'll 'ave you know)

it’s true rob went to the same school as me ( beaten up by the same nuns ) so as you know bound to be a proper gent just like me

Thinking about it now I should have expected it . Two years ago when I collected my present van the previous owner had just refilled both gas bottles as now almost empty I went to the garage today for refilling never having had experience of doing this the very friendly girl who was serving fuel told me that they preferred to do it for me, she then connected pump etc then walked away to serve next customer while gas was being pumped into my cylinders when full she came back to disconnect there was a whoosh of gas very like a compressor blowing of I must have leapt three feet into the air as was totally not expecting any sort of noise,Have to say the lady attendant was laughing fit to burst and said it always does that. I must be getting nervous.

and that is why you don't have the fridge on gas in a filling station.

It's not a good idea to have an AES fridge on at all when filling! A friend was seriously burned when his fridge realised that his engine wasn't providing 12v anymore, and sparked up as he disconnected. BOOM!

Can I ask which garage you used.

I have to fill mine for the first time soon but can't find anywhere to fill up.
The mylpg app is excellent. Tells you locations, when last used and price. Just follow the connection instruction on the pump and hold the green button in. Do not forget to update the database with the date you used the location and the price.

I was going to go down the refillable route but now suspect it will become redundant so sitting tight at the moment hoping to be proved wrong 🤞

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back