Getting nervous in my old age.

Topmast

Thinking about it now I should have expected it . Two years ago when I collected my present van the previous owner had just refilled both gas bottles as now almost empty I went to the garage today for refilling never having had experience of doing this the very friendly girl who was serving fuel told me that they preferred to do it for me, she then connected pump etc then walked away to serve next customer while gas was being pumped into my cylinders when full she came back to disconnect there was a whoosh of gas very like a compressor blowing of I must have leapt three feet into the air as was totally not expecting any sort of noise,Have to say the lady attendant was laughing fit to burst and said it always does that. I must be getting nervous.

Thinking about it now I should have expected it . Two years ago when I collected my present van the previous owner had just refilled both gas bottles as now almost empty I went to the garage today for refilling never having had experience of doing this the very friendly girl who was serving fuel told me that they preferred to do it for me, she then connected pump etc then walked away to serve next customer while gas was being pumped into my cylinders when full she came back to disconnect there was a whoosh of gas very like a compressor blowing of I must have leapt three feet into the air as was totally not expecting any sort of noise,Have to say the lady attendant was laughing fit to burst and said it always does that. I must be getting nervous.

Can I ask which garage you used.

I have to fill mine for the first time soon but can't find anywhere to fill up.

I sometimes fill up at a place near you Rob on the A1, it is on a roundabout on the south bound side but I will try and find it for you

Not a big user off gas then, 2 years!

Is it the Shell garage at Buckden Terry?
Yes Rob, that's the one
Shell 2.jpg

Esso.jpg

The phone number is on there if you want to ring them first to confirm

Well there's a first time for everything. For about 2 years we just used to go to a local caravan place who filled up our LPG cylinders at a good price. So the first time on a forecourt was slightly daunting but simples!

Rob there is a flo gas depot at Peterborough on your way north only 58p a litre, although it’s 40 mls from me the only one nearer is at oakham tyre depot & charges £1 a litre

Every time I update the FillLPG app there are more places removed than added, quite worrying. Mostly Shell garages, as was posted on here a while ago they are removing LPG. Now my local one has gone too 😢

Try the MyLPG.eu app on your phone, will give you up to date info. Shell are sadly phasing out LPG at their garages, both my local ones now gone.

I type too slow...

Robmac, according to the FillLPG app, the closest one to you is at St Neots, a Shell garage that was verified as still selling LPG a month ago - Esso Shay Express (St Neots),66-79 Cambridge St, St Neots, Cambs,PE19 1PJ. Slightly further away (but cheaper) the Morrisons at Camborne and also St Ives (no, not the one in Cornwall) sell it.

Robmac, according to the FillLPG app, the closest one to you is at St Neots, a Shell garage that was verified as still selling LPG a month ago - Esso Shay Express (St Neots),66-79 Cambridge St, St Neots, Cambs,PE19 1PJ. Slightly further away (but cheaper) the Morrisons at Camborne and also St Ives (no, not the one in Cornwall) sell it.

Cheers @bartman.

Unfortunately I phoned them a few weeks ago and they said no.

Thanks anyway

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back