Generator 800watt Here we go again.

bigboack

Aldi are getting these in this sunday 21st feb £59-99. 850 watt peak 600watt continuous if anyone is interested.:D:D:D:D

I am very interested in that price. Does it run on diesel or petrol?
Unfortunately I live in France so I need to find a helping hand.
I could post you a UK sterling cheque and pick up in May.
Regards
Kris

Regards
Kris

don't your money kris they are not worth a light unless you need to run a couple of light bulbs.

I had used one for some time and ran boiler, lights, tele, etc with no problem. Unfortunately SWMBO, with a bloodhound nose, complained of the fuel smell, not to apparent, when we were in France. To get it in an external locker I dismantled it and on reassemble altered the speed which resulted in it running to fast and burnt out the charger in the MH. I have subsequently bought a Kipor as I did not want this same problem.

The small generator did provide all the power I need. The one proviso I would make is to allow it to warm up and fit a surge protector

They are OK but do not run PC's, lap tops, TV's or other purely electronic items on them as they are not controlled and can spike and blow the elctronics up.

Great for power tools, heaters etc.

Peter

Unless I've read it wrong...I think it runs on 2 stroke!! Didn't even know 2 stroke was available these days...do you have to add your own 'oil' to the petrol??
Sorry if I'm being really thick ""
Jackie :confused:

i got one from aldi a few years ago it works fine but it stinks, ive no external lockers on my compass 100 so i had to keep it inside i dont think ill need it unless i go off for a long period of time so ive chucked it back in the garage were the stinking thing belongs
i think ill save up for a good quality 4 stroke instead.

Generators are the stinking, noisy, polluting, spawn of the Devil.

Hallii

Unless I've read it wrong...I think it runs on 2 stroke!! Didn't even know 2 stroke was available these days...do you have to add your own 'oil' to the petrol??
Sorry if I'm being really thick ""
Jackie :confused:

your not being thick jlf:D yes you do add your own oil, sometimes in its own reservoir sometimes in with the fuel direct.;)

Oh dear!!:eek: I remember the days when there was a seperate little pump on the forecourt for 2 stroke fuel. LOL
Jackie

them was the days! pull up on me honda ss 5speed 'fill her up' i'd say proudly heehee 50p full tank brill,m8s did the same but had to have a bit of oil mixed in bah 2 strokers:p

Regards
Kris
Aldi will have this someday, even in France :eek::)
Regards
Leo

Why do cheap generators present problematic issues and yet our friends Honda and Kippor dont ?

Channa

My cheapo provided no problems until I interfered with it. I did not replace it with a like for like as I wanted more power. I also intend to spend a good few weeks abroad this year and the thought of a similar problem was not worth the risk hence the Kipor

Don't know about "spiking" problems, but we in the military use gennys all the time for powering radio set ups and these have masses of sensitive electronics and we do not have issues at all barring noise.

Aldi are getting these in this sunday 21st feb £59-99. 850 watt peak 600watt continuous if anyone is interested.:D:D:D:D

hi .anyone know how quiet are those generators, for instance if they were in an outside locker ?
tony

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back