Future value of your motorhome.

The sun will not be above the yardarm for me until Sunday, why they couldn't have Sober October in February is beyond me, I could have celebrated tonight, roll on Sunday🥃🍷🍷🍷🍷

Would that be celebrating that lucky win yesterday Terry? :giggle:

Can't see sub 3.5T motorhome being muck more than campervan size by the time you've added a tonne of batteries to give it any range.
Good old diesel Van's that can carry a few people and their bits and pieces with supplies for a week or so will be sought after - just don't see prices falling off a cliff.

Think the lucky ones have already taken pensions so finances wont alter for them

At the moment my VW is worth more than I bought it for 6 years ago. Had it valued by 3 dealers who were within £500 of each other!!! Paid 5 quid shy of 20k and all three say around 23k now and local garage wants to buy it off me now but I'm not ready yet!!!! VW are doing quite well on electric cars and now dabbling in electric vans etc. Only 80 odd miles so far but it's a start................ https://www.volkswagen-vans.co.uk/en/electric-vans.html

[...] VW are doing quite well on electric cars and now dabbling in electric vans etc. Only 80 odd miles so far but it's a start................ https://www.volkswagen-vans.co.uk/en/electric-vans.html
I suspect that'll need to at least double before it would be viable for me. We use the van to attend festivals and typically will drive a couple of hours between stops. Two hours-ish gives between 130 and 150 miles, which is ~ 80% of 160 to 190 miles. Thus we'd be forced to stop twice as often and for much longer with VW's current electric.

They should exempt motorhomes. I reckon ours is pretty green. Ok its ancient (1996) so its got an old belching 2.5td that looks like it runs on Dog £$%^ but based on no real science whatsoever I reckon its green because firstly it doesnt do many miles. We tend to use the scooter to run around on and secondly its generally used from April to October where it relies totally on Solar power when parked up. These last couple of years its only gone and sat in a field on the Yorkshire coast for weeks on end but even when we are touring we only maybe do a thousand miles a month tops and its often parked up for days in one place relying totally on the sun for power. If we were at home we would be running everything off the grid so the house is probably less green than living in a motorhome thats powered by solar. Perhaps.

They should exempt motorhomes. I reckon ours is pretty green. Ok its ancient (1996) so its got an old belching 2.5td that looks like it runs on Dog £$%^ but based on no real science whatsoever I reckon its green because firstly it doesnt do many miles. We tend to use the scooter to run around on and secondly its generally used from April to October where it relies totally on Solar power when parked up. These last couple of years its only gone and sat in a field on the Yorkshire coast for weeks on end but even when we are touring we only maybe do a thousand miles a month tops and its often parked up for days in one place relying totally on the sun for power. If we were at home we would be running everything off the grid so the house is probably less green than living in a motorhome thats powered by solar. Perhaps.

An older vehicle that is maintained IS GREENER than scraping it and buying new.

However the powers that be don't seem to think that way and now everything must be green.

To give an example my old gas central heating boiler was 40 years old the new gas boiler has a much shorter lifespan.

An older vehicle that is maintained IS GREENER than scraping it and buying new.

However the powers that be don't seem to think that way and now everything must be green.

To give an example my old gas central heating boiler was 40 years old the new gas boiler has a much shorter lifespan.

Yes of course. Nothing we buy now is built to last so where stuff might be energy efficient if they only last a few years rather than a few decades then you have to factor in the manufacturing process, shipping, fitting etc.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back