Future value of your motorhome.

First mine cost all in £6000 , second no new piston engines after 2035 but you can use your old one ex cert zones but not here as yet, third i will be hitting almost 80 years and will not care if i live that long, best just use the buggers and have a good time never mind the doom and gloom.

AFAICT, the 2035 ICE ban applies only to cars and vans but not to HGVs. So diesel-powered PHGV motorhomes might continue to be sold after the cut-off date. I suspect that long-distance truckers will continue to need diesel for decades to come as current and future battery technologies don't have the energy density the trucking industry needs. Thus there should be a ready supply of diesel fuel for some time after 2035.
I suspect the value of my moho will plummet from some time much sooner -- but since I bought it with no thought of resale I'm not that concerned!

We will all be controlled by Bejing by then and they don't give a toss, V8's all the way 😆

We will all be controlled by Bejing by then and they don't give a toss, V8's all the way 😆
They are developing much better batts in china, and as for trucks they have ones with a massive range and swappable batteries, new salt batteries are being worked at along with fireproof and anti swelling units,15 years is a long way of.

Maybe prices will go up just like a classic car? There will be a demand for them if they don’t make them anymore.

A non issue for most on here. Even if they do stop the sales of new petrol/diesel in 2035 that does not mean you will have to stop using them. I dare bet they will still be in use long after 2050

By 2035, if they’ve sold tons of electric vehicles then they’ll decide that actually they are not as good for the planet as first thought, and move on to something else, a bit like what they did with the all singing/dancing diesel over leaded petrol cars a few years ago.

Thanks everyone for a interesting read this morning on your reply posts from the various forums on which I posted the debate opening question. After working through the opinions on me personally for bringing up the subject there are some with helpfull and interesting viewpoints on the future for motorhomes. Due to those I have learned that the 2035 date is just for the sale of new vehicles not the banning of them. Along with this there will be many options to update the power unit therefore securing the future for our mode of travel and keeping the sale of new vans ongoing.
Happy travels.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back