Fulltimers

billy1000

How many of us on here are actually fulltimers compared to weekenders? Also what was the reason for going fulltime? Mine was financial after going through my divorce I would not have had the money to buy anywhere on my own and felt that renting a place was dead money.

Last edited:
billy1000 said:
How many of us on here are actually fulltimers compared to weekenders? Also what was the reason for going fulltime? Mine was financial after going through my divorce I would not have had the money to buy anywhere on my own and felt that renting a place was dead money.
we are only weekenders billy1000 although we fancy being fulltimers,just hoping on the lottery x :D

billy1000 said:
Oh yes in an ideal world i would love to be fulltime, who knows maybe one day;) :)

Trevor said:
Oh yes in an ideal world i would love to be fulltime, who knows maybe one day;) :)
its my dream to be a fulltimer,i would love to win lotto & just go & do whatever i felt like,hubby feels the same too,but hey work tomorrow & it sort of sobers the dream up ha ha :D

With me it was a case of fulltime or rent a pokey little flat. No contest. Now I can come and go where and when I want without the hassle of being tied down in one place. Besides to rent a place is dead money.

billy1000 said:
With me it was a case of fulltime or rent a pokey little flat. No contest. Now I can come and go where and when I want without the hassle of being tied down in one place. Besides to rent a place is dead money.
Best of luck to you mate.;)

billy1000 said:
as long as you enjoy it mate thats all that matters!i envy you. x :D

Full Timing

I was a semi full timer for 2 1/2 years in between property purchases. I still worked and camped wild all the time. You can save a fortune without all the overheads, just have to fund your diesel, beer and food. Hope to do it again after the next house sale...

I think the only downside of it is the solitude. Okay I have the dog for company whereas before there was the noise of a family but I think it would have been worse if I had been in a flat in the same place all the time. At least this way I get to see a lot of nice places without all the overheads. I guess if a few of us were to pull up in a layby one weekend the Police would soon be there to move us on thinking we were a load of travellers. Makes you realise what they have had to put up with over the years I guess, the travellers I mean. Gives a different insight to their way of life.

the ups and downs of Full Timing

I mention the ups, the downs...
In the 2 1/2 years I was woken up by the police twice. Also had a scroat try and brake in while sleeping in the back after a nite shift. He made too much noise and when I came out of my slumber he scarpered leaving a basin wrench wedged between door and window on the passenger side. I hope to bump into him again some day!!!

Journeyman said:
I mention the ups, the downs...
In the 2 1/2 years I was woken up by the police twice. Also had a scroat try and brake in while sleeping in the back after a nite shift. He made too much noise and when I came out of my slumber he scarpered leaving a basin wrench wedged between door and window on the passenger side. I hope to bump into him again some day!!!
Guess twice in 2.5 years is not a bad ratio and the added bonus of being in the vehicle if someone tried to break in is the fact that had you not been there who knows what they would have done. I have added security on mine though in the shape of a very large Alsation who is very protective.

billy1000 said:
Guess twice in 2.5 years is not a bad ratio and the added bonus of being in the vehicle if someone tried to break in is the fact that had you not been there who knows what they would have done. I have added security on mine though in the shape of a very large Alsation who is very protective.
my boxer dog millie would prob lick them to death :rolleyes:

Tell you what Samm... Looking at your avatar, I don't remember coach/bus drivers being so glamourous when I used to use public transport!;)

virgil said:
Tell you what Samm... Looking at your avatar, I don't remember coach/bus drivers being so glamourous when I used to use public transport!;)
ah thanks virgil ....sweet x

billy1000 said:
Same sort of situation with me, was feeling trapped in a house with a failing relationship and rising bills, felt the only way to get out of it was to escape completely, full-timing is not necessarily better, its different, I agree with Billy, it is lonely, so if you are going to, share the experience with somebody.
wads

virgil said:
OK Virgil keep your eyes on the road and everyone else or there is gonna be a multi vehicle pile up.:eek:

Trevor said:
OK Virgil keep your eyes on the road and everyone else or there is gonna be a multi vehicle pile up.:eek:

Moi?
littleangel.gif

I'm sure that a lot of you drive round and visit Somerset, Devon and Cornwall. Keep your eyes open because I am always surprised at the numbers of people "full timing"
I'm sure that the same thing applies elsewhere in the UK but it's just that I tend not to visit them to the same degree

wads said:
Same sort of situation with me, was feeling trapped in a house with a failing relationship and rising bills, felt the only way to get out of it was to escape completely, full-timing is not necessarily better, its different, I agree with Billy, it is lonely, so if you are going to, share the experience with somebody.
wads

Exactly what I was trying to get across Wads. You don't notice the solitude when driving but when you park up that's when it hits you. You agree? That's why I recon it would be good to have some sort of forum where we could arrange to meet from time to time and we don't have to differetiate between full and part timers because at the end of the day it is only circumstances that dictate if we are full or part time isn't it?

happybonzo said:
I'm sure that a lot of you drive round and visit Somerset, Devon and Cornwall. Keep your eyes open because I am always surprised at the numbers of people "full timing"
I'm sure that the same thing applies elsewhere in the UK but it's just that I tend not to visit them to the same degree

That's why I think this Wildcamping sticker is a good idea. That way we get to know each other face to face as opposed to on a webpage. Anyone agree?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back