French Water

have i missed something here ? i thought i saw an example of British humour ! maybe i spent too long on building sites ! we've been mocking the French for several hundred years,and vice versa,and i'm sure it'll continue

have i missed something here ? i thought i saw an example of British humour ! maybe i spent too long on building sites ! we've been mocking the French for several hundred years,and vice versa,and i'm sure it'll continue

British mendacity more like!
John

Perfidious, mendacity, what an ostentatious bunch we are.

Yes Rob I had to look it up as well. :)

Richard

how about perfidious ? as in perfidious albion ? they don't call us that for nothing !

WIKIPEDIA:

Perfidious Albion is an anglophobic pejorative phrase used within the context of international relations and diplomacy to refer to alleged acts of diplomatic sleights, duplicity, treachery and hence infidelity (with respect to perceived promises made to or alliances formed with other nation states) by monarchs or governments of Britain (or England) in their pursuit of self-interest and the requirements of realpolitik, often as not employed by the loser in geopolitical affairs.

Having looked that up, I am now having to look up about 10 of the words in the description.

I'm out of my depth here!

pretty succinct definition i thought ! and i have always felt secretly proud of being a small part of perfidious albion !. it's a bit like finding out we have the worst football hooligans in the world-that's awful ! but secretly i'm thinking-number one !

Oh no Wints don't go throwing all your toys out.
I really enjoy your put downs.So much more imaginative than '' your a prick''
He probably had to go for a lie down and nap after thinking that one up

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back