French Visas, anyone winged it and overstayed?

What are the criteria for getting a visa in France?
My son did make some enquiries in Italy and , I think , the fact he was working (IT stuff) helped .
You still work , I think ?

You need to fill out an application and attend an interview at one of three centres I believe. Manchester, London and Im not sure of the other one. You need to have proof of funds which is quite a lot I think and confirm that you wont be working, show evidence of where you intend to go, that kind of stuff.

I think you make the application through the second link although Ive not done it yet.

You need to fill out an application and attend an interview at one of three centres I believe. Manchester, London and Im not sure of the other one. You need to have proof of funds which is quite a lot I think and confirm that you wont be working, show evidence of where you intend to go, that kind of stuff.

I think you make the application through the second link although Ive not done it yet.

Ah . So you won't be allowed to work .
Must have misheard my son . Mind you he doesn't listen to me either !

Ah . So you won't be allowed to work .
Must have misheard my son . Mind you he doesn't listen to me either !

Thats how I understood it but someone on one of the FB groups has just said a family member has been rejected who was going to work.

I think that though a fine may be insignificant the flagging of a passport and a ban on entry would make future entry very difficult. I read that it is important to get a passport stamp on exit to avoid the chance of appearing to have overstayed.
If the Border Guard fails to stamp your passport on leaving the Schengen Zone, you can get a retrospective Exit Stamp, even as late as your next visit, as long as you can produce proof of leaving [Ferry Ticket best, but suitable evidence would be accepted, presumably a fuel receipt from a UK Fuel Station within 24-48 hours of the departure date? The key criterion is the instruction in the Border Guard Technical Manual to treat all passengers as innocent, unless/until there is evidence of intentional law breaking]. EU acknowledges that checking arrival/departure dates is difficult with the manual system, but the Entry/Exit System will overcome this issue

Steve

Back