French mobile data sim deals info please

Moped

Having sorted out our Spanish PAYG data sim deal (Llamaya 120GB for €30 every 28days) thanks to feedback provided in this forum, was wondering who in France offers the best PAYG data sim deal that does not require a French bank account or residential address.

Would be nice to have something similar to the above on our future planned French trip.

I may be right or wrong but I suspect French mobile companies are not as generous with their sim offerings when compared to the Spanish.

Having sorted out our Spanish PAYG data sim deal (Llamaya 120GB for €30 every 28days) thanks to feedback provided in this forum, was wondering who in France offers the best PAYG data sim deal that does not require a French bank account or residential address.

Would be nice to have something similar to the above on our future planned French trip.

I may be right or wrong but I suspect French mobile companies are not as generous with their sim offerings when compared to the Spanish.
See https://wildcamping.co.uk/threads/dealing-with-the-loss-of-unlimited-eu-roaming.89367/ posts 17, 43 and 44 in particular. See also https://www.reglomobile.fr/offres/grille-forfaits.aspx for tariffs, which look rather more generous than stated in the posts.

The Reglo offer looks fine with 150GB monthly for €19.95 with auto renew if account has sufficient credit so thanks for the info.

The only concern is the reduced speed after 1 hour of data use but I guess all you do is turn your phone off and turn it back on again to start a fresh hour. They probably state this as users might forget they are still streaming or fall asleep and they slow the data flow and put this auto choke in place to prevent data being wasted.

We were able to get a roaming signal on previous visits to places that we normally go to so there should be no problem picking up a signal with a Reglo sim.

It was a few years ago but...
I used a wifi pass for £30 for 1 month.
Unlimited data.
Worked off the phone masts but wifi rather than a sim card
May not be in place now as sim connections are now the usual route

It was a few years ago but...
I used a wifi pass for £30 for 1 month.
Unlimited data.
Worked off the phone masts but wifi rather than a sim card
May not be in place now as sim connections are now the usual route
I vaguely remember that scheme. You could use various hotspots dotted around the area of France you were in and a list of addresses was available telling you where the hotspots were.

We had a tent at the time and the BIG issue was there was never any campsite on the list so you had to drive around off site to find the hotspot.

Campsites did not want to be involved in the scheme as they, of course, wanted to charge you extortionate fees for access to their own hotspot.

Now off course WiFi is virtually free (or included in the price should I say?)
on all campsites but not in those days.

Last edited:
The Reglo offer looks fine with 150GB monthly for €19.95 with auto renew if account has sufficient credit so thanks for the info.

The only concern is the reduced speed after 1 hour of data use but I guess all you do is turn your phone off and turn it back on again to start a fresh hour. They probably state this as users might forget they are still streaming or fall asleep and they slow the data flow and put this auto choke in place to prevent data being wasted.

We were able to get a roaming signal on previous visits to places that we normally go to so there should be no problem picking up a signal with a Reglo sim.
Where did you find the reference to reduced speed after an hour of data use?

Will your Spanish sim not work in France? They’re both still in the EU

It would but there is a fair use policy and I will be outside Spain for over 90 days before the French trip so there will not be 4 months prior use in Spain history, so it would be restrictive at best and costly at worst.

Use Google chrome to translate Spanish to English

Use Google chrome for a French to English translation
That could be the problem, because I can see nothing to that effect in the original French text. Google Translate sometimes does a very good job, sometimes a reasonable job, and occasionally produces something that is the exact opposite of what the original states, so should be used with caution.

Looks as though the T&Cs could pose a problem: "Pour souscrire au Service, l’abonné doit pouvoir justifier d’un lien stable en France métropolitaine et être titulaire d’une adresse email valide."

Currently using a Réglo Mobile SIM in France. The T&Cs prohibit use in a "boîtier radio", which would preclude use in a Teltonika-type mobile router and perhaps in a MiFi unit. This appears to be borne out by the SIM, inserted in a Teltonika RUT955, providing a data connection for a brief time and then refusing to provide Internet or (after insertion into a spare mobile phone) any voice calls. A visit to a Leclerc helpdesk with the SIM in the phone got it reactivated and it's still, a few days on, providing a mobile hotspot on the spare phone - just not as convenient as using the router and lacking the external aerial for areas of poor network coverage. Just visit a Leclerc to top up the account prior to expiry of the first month and the credit will be applied on the anniversary date.

free mobile
€10 for SIM 19.99 / month -210GB incudes calls to UK landlines. SIM's available from high street stores -see http://mobile.free.fr/
An from hole in the wall

I had the SIM card from LeClerc and that one only permits full use in France and 5gb maximum if across another country’s border. Will not work at all in Andorra

From what I can gather with my very shaky French, these companies want your bank card details to set up direct debits. I only want one months worth, any way around this? Looking for advice from the experienced please.

If you buy a sim from LeClerc Reglo Mobile it is preloaded with data. The charge for the sim is e.g. €20 which is €15 for the data and €5 for the sim. The data lasts for 28 days or until you use it all up which ever is first.

Then, if you so desire you can set up a direct debit to replenish the data each month at €15, or alternatively do as I did chuck it away and get another. The slight downside is losing the €5 sim cost, but then you don’t get tied into a contract.

If you want to. But you do need to prove your identity by way of driving licence or passport which is then tied into the phone number so it can be checked back to the purchaser.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back