Free wi fi

as jeremy clarkson once said the kids get him to follow the coaches when they are out as they can ge free wifi on the move tried it here outside tescos the trouble is the bristol buses are in and out to quick but you can get something s downloaded from them whilst shopping

In Iceland, most of the tour coaches have open wifi, so it is just a matter of sitting in the carpark of any tourist attraction and swapping every half hour as buses come and go.

Few countries require a pin to be entered to get free wifi in restaurants and shops - open wifi is illegal - and that requires a local phone number because they won't send the pin to a number with a foreign dialling code.

Here in Nrth Wales we have the Arriva Saphire buses that have free wifi also a 13 amp sockets with USB outputs for charging phones/tablets/laptops, comfy seats as well. Free for us oldies with a bus pass.

If you are going to France then get a '3' sim card and make sure you activate it in the UK before you leave, I bought a 12GB/12Mth sim last year and activated it in Dec, we travelled through France from Dec to the end of April and still had 10gb of data left because '3' use 'feel at home'. very impressed to be honest, it is also good value in the Uk

I use the 3Gb '3' SIM all the time in my tablet, replacing it when it's run out of time or data (usually time). I forgot to take my replacement one to France last September so had a friend mail one out to me. It activated as soon as I loaded it so I'm assuming they don't need activating in the UK before travelling.

I didn't know there was a 12 month one. That'll be good value I should think. I'll check it out. Thanks.

I use the 3Gb '3' SIM all the time in my tablet, replacing it when it's run out of time or data (usually time). I forgot to take my replacement one to France last September so had a friend mail one out to me. It activated as soon as I loaded it so I'm assuming they don't need activating in the UK before travelling.

I didn't know there was a 12 month one. That'll be good value I should think. I'll check it out. Thanks.

I use the 1GB " 3 " data sims because we can`t spend that long away from home just yet.

I buy several of them when on offer at £3.99 instead of the usual £7.99.

When one runs out of time or data i throw it away and start a new one as it works out a lot cheaper than topping the old one up.

Never had a problem and they just start straight away with a full 1GB of data.

I then clear the history on the 3 dashboard so i know were i am with the data use.

what tablet do you have, and where in the tablet does it fit, i can't seem to get it to fit anywhere,,,j

On the subject, a quick golden rule when on free Wifi, Never do your online banking on these open connections, but they are good for Ebay browsing !
One more for the list, onboard Brittany Ferries ,its free wifi :)

Not strictly true but wise to be cautious. With online banking your bank sets up a secure https connection. You will notice a padlock and the website URL changes to https:// rather than http:// that you would get on a normal website. It doesnt really matter what wifi you are using then. It should be secure.

I use FON and BT Openzone all the time at home and abroad for internet banking and have never had a problem. Like anything thats connected to the internet there are always risks but the likely hood of you being hacked on a FON shared router in someones house is very slim.

I use the 1GB " 3 " data sims because we can`t spend that long away from home just yet.

I buy several of them when on offer at £3.99 instead of the usual £7.99.

When one runs out of time or data i throw it away and start a new one as it works out a lot cheaper than topping the old one up.

Never had a problem and they just start straight away with a full 1GB of data.

I then clear the history on the 3 dashboard so i know were i am with the data use.

Who has the 3 SIM card at £3.99 and when ??

Free wifi also at the channel tunnel terminals here and in France. A poster in the tunnel train said it was avalble on board but could not get it to work.

Shocking dog

3 sims can be bought if eBay best to buy two or three as if you keep them and sign up it becomes more of a hassle buy one for one month or even twelve you have to shop round I only buy off 100 0/0 sellers on ebay

I've used Cepsa fuel stations and Decathlon sports stores in Spain and Portugal. Also in Portugal many public buildings, swiming pools etc have free wifi. Very handy for downloading the Archers podcast.

Mr B.

Free wifi in Shropshire

1. The Discovery Centre Craven Arms
2. Tourist info centre Ludlow
3. St Laurence church, Ludlow

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back