Free wi fi

guerdeval

I notice a few posts on here relate to wifi and especially "free" . So I thought maybe members could list known retailers who offer it without buying anything. I guess everyone knows McDonald's so I,ll go first and add Barclays Banks. I,ve enjoyed free wifi on several occasions outside their banks, anyone else have suggestions?

Our local Asda, Wetherspoon's pubs, Marston pubs, Ikea . . . . .

and what about distance with a solwise booster as tescos is about a quarter of a mile from my hovel.
I have been using a booster in France for 'FON' and I was most impressed with the difference it made, managed to use Skype with video and keep in touch with the Grandkids

I've used Ladbrokes, Wetherspoons, Tesco, Burger King, O2. Daughter has BT internet so I can use her logon details to access the BT fon hotspots. Many of the free wifi spots I find are just unlocked routers, technically you are probably stealing somebodys internet connection but sometimes I don't even look where the connection is from as long as it says open I use it.

On the subject, a quick golden rule when on free Wifi, Never do your online banking on these open connections, but they are good for Ebay browsing !
One more for the list, onboard Brittany Ferries ,its free wifi :)

Portsmouth ferry port and Caen port, don't often hunt for them though with all the data you can use with Three and in Europe.

Portsmouth ferry port and Caen port, don't often hunt for them though with all the data you can use with Three in Europe.
If you are going to France then get a '3' sim card and make sure you activate it in the UK before you leave, I bought a 12GB/12Mth sim last year and activated it in Dec, we travelled through France from Dec to the end of April and still had 10gb of data left because '3' use 'feel at home'. very impressed to be honest, it is also good value in the Uk

surley with a solwise repeater booster you do not require a sim and where does it go in a laptop or android pad,im feed up buying add ons.

Here in Edinburgh you can get free wifi on the LRT buses :) Is it the same in other cities?

If you are going to France then get a '3' sim card and make sure you activate it in the UK before you leave, I bought a 12GB/12Mth sim last year and activated it in Dec, we travelled through France from Dec to the end of April and still had 10gb of data left because '3' use 'feel at home'. very impressed to be honest, it is also good value in the Uk
but what did it cost ?? if you dont mind me asking

free wifi.jpeg

Free Wi-Fi in Warwick Hospital if you're a Patient, so 'Break-a-leg' and you'll be quids in.

But don't try Mc.Donalds in Denmark or Sweden as they're Free Wi-Fi 'No go' areas.

Captain Biggles :plane:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back