France to reopen its borders

We have a regular spot down in the Occitanie region that we try and fit in if in the area but there`s no panic, it`ll still be there next year.

Your correct though it may not cover your full costs ( travel insurance, if you have it should pay most of the rest)
Even if the state-provided care is free, you may still have to pay upfront and claim the money back once you return home. In France, for example, you may have to pay upfront for certain services, although for others, a bill may be sent to your home address. You could be told to apply for a reimbursement with the local authority where you had treatment; in other cases, you must apply for a refund through the UK’s DWP once you return home.

I don’t think they were even asked either when they boarded the shuttle or when they got off. It is voluntary, so nobody will be checking anyway.
I don’t know the procedures for the ferry though.

Do we know how they will deal with French quarantine measures ...... 🤔🤔🤔
It’s voluntary at present and is expected to be done away with over the next week or two. Spain has had bars and restaurants open a short time and set to open up more in the next week or two. Not sure but I think similar in France although don’t take that as right without checking

It’s voluntary at present and is expected to be done away with over the next week or two. Spain has had bars and restaurants open a short time and set to open up more in the next week or two. Not sure but I think similar in France although don’t take that as right without checking
Restaurants are just starting to open in Paris, they are open most other places but with reduced seating or just terrace seating if the interiors are small.

Josselin looks lovely, I can see a plan hatching!!
Just in case you’ve forgotten what it looks like, here’s a photo I took earlier....

DF2AEDE8-3B44-4424-87E9-FF4A856B7A64.png

Different forum. A guy posted today. Used the tunnel this morning. No problems. The French customs asked is he going on holiday which he said yes and was wished a pleasant journey. Picked up his wine in Calais and later provisions in large supermarket. Touring around using Aires.

Actually I just noticed he plans to stay for two weeks at a booked campsite but using Aires to get there.

Going to be in UK for rest of the year since Dave not allowed to drive, and I don't want to be the lone driver! Ok to drive in UK on my own.....as long as allowed under covid rules 🤞🤞

Now in France, tunnel was a breeze just needed to print off the paperwork to say where your going and the run down to the Limousine was no problem. It’s just a shame that we can get all the way over here but couldn’t get to see the kids in England and stop overnight in our isolation pod (camper)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back