France to reopen its borders

Don't think there'll be to many eager to go over this year as I can't see us being very welcome with UK nearside hab doors especially if the virus peaks a little after borders open

I think they have a tit-for-tat 14 day quarantine for us Brits, bit tricky when wilding:(

To quote the article:

However the French quarantine is voluntary and there will be no enforcement or fine handed out, people will be "invited" to observe a 14-day period of self-isolation.

There was talk about the French extending the holiday season this year to try and help the tourist economy. You may find more locals holidaying then you expect.
We’ve found, over the years we have lived here that more and more motorhomes are around all year, especially into November.
Where in Brittany are you both heading for? We live right in the middle.

We decided to leave it for this year and cancelled 😏 I rather put our money back into this country by travelling as much as we can for the rest of the year.
You, me and the govt are hoping for the same.
Spend as much here as we can, shame we dont manufacture here as much as we used to but if we can help the british tourist industry, every little makes a difference :)

There was talk about the French extending the holiday season this year to try and help the tourist economy. You may find more locals holidaying then you expect.
We’ve found, over the years we have lived here that more and more motorhomes are around all year, especially into November.

No plans at present, I'll do some planning in due course ...

We`re giving Johnny Foreigner land a miss this year because whilst it may be allowed we don`t want any resentment / shenanigans from the locals to spoil it.

We really, really, really enjoy our regular jaunts to Europe and we all know how fickle people can be and in particular them that don`t talk proper.

We`ve always said if one of us is not happy with a situation then we do not do it, the wife is seriously uncomfortable about going abroad just yet in case it all kicks off again which we can see it doing given how people will react to places opening up.

They`ll just go mad at it like all the lunatics that invaded our seaside resorts and beauty spots on the first sign of some good weather.

Even though we struggle with the language we`re going to try over the border in Scotland later on this year after and or if the schools go back, all being well.

Several sites booked but nothing paid in advance so it can be changed / cancelled without any bother or financial loss.

Last edited:
We`re giving Johnny Foreigner land a miss this year because whilst it may be allowed we don`t want and resentment / shenanigans from the locals to spoil it.

We really, really, really enjoy our regular jaunts to Europe and we all know how fickle people can be and in particular them that don`t talk proper.

We`ve always said if one of us is not happy with a situation then we do not do it, the wife is seriously uncomfortable about going abroad just yet in case it all kicks off again which we can see it doing given how people will react to places opening up.

They`ll just go mad at it like all the lunatics that invaded our seaside resorts and beauty spots on the first sign of some good weather.

Even though we struggle with the language we`re going to try over the border in Scotland later on this year after and or if the schools go back, all being well.

Several sites booked but nothing paid in advance so it can be changed / cancelled without any bother or financial loss.

Yes An excellent plan...for all the reasons you give
Also some health insurance now excludes Covid-19
AND (as you say) if it were to re-emerge much better off in UK

We will be touring quite a bit of it but will at some time be visiting josselin as we really like it there

Last edited:
I personally think cross border travel is too early. Some are still shielding or keeping to strict safety measures.
We love Josselin too, enjoy your travels.

I personally think cross border travel is too early. Some are still shielding or keeping to strict safety measures.
We love Josselin too, enjoy your travels.

You could be right we haven’t anything planned, just waiting and watching to see how things are by September,
As we have a number of properties to look at that we are interested in buying

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back