France/Spain, to go or not to go?

We left Altea yesterday as the weather is not great for the next couple of weeks, but looking good in Brittany, so back to France for us.
We got fuel in Albir for 1.64 euro per litre, then again just outside Olite at 1.70.
But no signs of people queuing for fuel and no shortages

Last edited:
We left Altea yesterday as the weather is not great for the next couple of weeks, but looking good in Brittany, so back to France for us.
We got fuel in Albir for 1.64 euro per litre, then again just outside Olite at 1.70.
But no signs of people queuing for fuel and no shortages

We visited Altea back in Feb: what a lovely place it is too and the sea front will be very nice too when they finish the work there (unless they have by now?).

Job for life I think with the Sea being so strong there but a great place to visit and spend time.

Any Apps for cheaper diesel in Portugal? Victoria Gastiez E1.83 yesterday 30 March I’m using a diesel search app, pump with Euro symbol on front. It shows nothing for Portugal..

Fuelflash.eu although not available as an app is easy. However for some reason Portugal is not showing on my iPad or android phone.

Someone recently suggested this site which seems to do the job. I have loaded Vitoria-Gasteiz, so it is showing current prices.

Davy

Reactions: REC
I just received an update from the uk gov travel service. It would appear the sworn statement is no longer required for entry into France.

This would appear to e confirmed yesterday by an article in the Connexxion website ( an English language news site).

Scroll down the page to the section on Covid, although you may not be able to access it as it is a subscription site.

Davy

I just received an update from the uk gov travel service. It would appear the sworn statement is no longer required for entry into France.

This would appear to e confirmed yesterday by an article in the Connexxion website ( an English language news site).

Scroll down the page to the section on Covid, although you may not be able to access it as it is a subscription site.

Davy
Was rumoured a few weeks ago .
There didn't appear to be much attention paid to it

Any Apps for cheaper diesel in Portugal? Victoria Gastiez E1.83 yesterday 30 March I’m using a diesel search app, pump with Euro symbol on front. It shows nothing for Portugal..
€1.83 quite good ATM. The fuel flash.eu site seems to work on my phone in Portugal.

€1.83 quite good ATM. The fuel flash.eu site seems to work on my phone in Portugal.
1.83 was Bordeaux
Now using Furl Flash thanks
Now in Northern Portugal .Diesel here around 2.10-2.20, but some cheaper

Two GPL outlets had different GPl connections to my Spanish one, they had a selection, but none fitted
Galp GPL gun fitted my Spanish connector

Attachments

• 514BF834-4DF5-42F2-9C63-60FA01793A3F.jpeg
    514BF834-4DF5-42F2-9C63-60FA01793A3F.jpeg
    399.9 KB · Views: 63
1.83 was Bordeaux
Now using Furl Flash thanks
Now in Northern Portugal .Diesel here around 2.10-2.20, but some cheaper

Two GPL outlets had different GPl connections to my Spanish one, they had a selection, but none fitted
Galp GPL gun fitted my Spanish connector
Paid €1.84 in Intermarche today. Prices dropping about 12c this week, apparently.

Paid €1.84 in Intermarche today. Prices dropping about 12c this week, apparently.

I think I read somewhere that the French Govt is putting out a subsidy this week on fuel so good news for you folks out there.

the subsidy in spain is 20% but they have to show on the receipt that they have taken it off, so pump prices on signs etc are still at the full price quite confusing ,

We're postponing for the exact same reasons. Happy to continue staycationing for another year - lucky that we can do that really 🙂.

How do you spot a garage with deisel in Bedfordshire? Well that's simple there will be a queue of vans desperate to fill up.

Enjoying our three month circumnavigation of the Italian Appenines, just turned the corner of Italy’s big toe and on our way back up again. Glad we didn’t dither this time. Postponed two years on the run, at 76 good years for long trips must be running short, a case of do it while you can. We can read depressing news here just as well as at home…or not. We feel a lot safer here, mask wearing indoors the norm and on public transport, many even in the street. (Compare with those people queuing at Manchester Airport, packed together and scarcely a mask in sight). Our last fill of diesel worked out at £1.46 a litre. LPG everywhere. And we can find places to parkup everywhere, mostly free, and none of that apprehension you get in UK that someone is going rack up and move you on or issue a ticket or fine. Only place we had any hesitation about was a dodgy looking car park in Oppido Mamatea which we learned was home to 9 of the most powerful mafia clans! The haughty bloke with the flashy horse and trap, squinting down a nose like a Roman charioteers eyeing us up didn’t help! Even so in reality probably less threatening than a Lincolnshire parking warden.

Haven't been home a week yet, but I'm already missing the coffee, cheese, wine, olives, bread, beer etc, etc. It always tastes better on the Continent. I'd set off again tomorrow if they'd let me back in and Mrs G would go.
Oh well, I'll just have to start planning for September.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back