France Lockdown

I see a flaw in your note. I travel alone. Nobody likes me enough at home to travel with me. So who will load the pallet?
What we have worked out is, Nik and my son will drive out to wherever I am, hide me in the garage or if I’m lucky, in the boot of the car . Then one would drive the van, the other the car. Then declare me dead on arrival at Folkestone.
Can’t honestly say I’d be that bothered. Although there would be no need to fold me, if I travel in the van. Could save the undertaker a bit of bother trying to straighten me out.
Just a thought......
Who is going tell them if you expire whilst on the continent?

We got the co-operative bank account as it covers worldwide travel up to 90 days per trip up to 79years old. Have to declare medical conditions but that is the same for all insurance. The monthly charge is a bit steep at £15 but get £5 cashback (£2.20 from Aug) and it also included European breakdown cover for van up to 5.5m (yea!) and car ....covers the drivers rather than vehicle. Also mobile phone insurance. So just the medical cover for both of us is miles less than individual insurance.
Nationwide, I think , only covers up to 70 years. But cheaper. Worth investigating.

I'll send a prearranged text. AAGGHHHH. Then I won't reply to her reply. We've got it all worked out. No problem. 😁
She can book a bonfire with the Bombeiros if it happens in Portugal, then take a few ashes back...but hard to see how she would be notified!

Telepathy. If she doesn't get the prearranged message, I really don't know what else I can do.
TBH. I would have done my bit. You know, croaking. 'Spose there's always a Ouija board. Two taps = I'm dead . One text = Only kidding

Now looks like they've changed their minds but tests still needed

In a boost for British holidaymakers hoping to visit the country soon, President Emmanuel Macron announced on Friday that fully vaccinated Britons will be allowed to visit from 9 June without the need to quarantine on arrival

Green shoots of spring? Potential travel anyway. It’s a positive note if nothing else.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back