France Lockdown

Theres a NHS app here that you can use to show your vaccine history but will it be accepted internationally
Grant Schapps was talking about it today so hopefully it will be accepted
Transport Secretary Grant Shapps has confirmed that an NHS app is being adapted to be used as a Covid passport for people holidaying abroad

Well France isn't on the Green list and just saw this

From 17 May, the main NHS app will include a feature allowing users to demonstrate they have had two vaccine doses.

But France said
And the TousAntiCovid app won't import details of vaccinations administered outside France.

Now we can travel just saw this requirements to enter France

Dear Sir/ Madam,
All foreigners when entering France should be in a position to produce to the Immigration officer the following documents:
1. Motive of stay in France:
- for tourism: hotel reservation (in the absence of a hotel reservation, the traveller has to prove that he possesses means of living of at least 120€ per day – see point 2, documents from a travel agency ;
- for a professional visit: letter from the employer, invitation from a French firm or organization ;
- for a private visit: “attestation d'accueil” delivered by the “mairie” ;
2. Means of living (cash, traveller's cheques, valid international credit card...) along with an insurance certificate covering all medical, hospital and funeral expenses, which may be incurred during the entire period of your stay in France, including repatriation costs on medical grounds ;
3. Guarantees of return: return ticket.
Cordialement/ Regards,
MT
Consulat Général de France à Londres/ French Consulate General, London
21 Cromwell Road
LONDON – SW7 2EN

Now we can travel just saw this requirements to enter France

Dear Sir/ Madam,
All foreigners when entering France should be in a position to produce to the Immigration officer the following documents:
1. Motive of stay in France:
- for tourism: hotel reservation (in the absence of a hotel reservation, the traveller has to prove that he possesses means of living of at least 120€ per day – see point 2, documents from a travel agency ;
- for a professional visit: letter from the employer, invitation from a French firm or organization ;
- for a private visit: “attestation d'accueil” delivered by the “mairie” ;
2. Means of living (cash, traveller's cheques, valid international credit card...) along with an insurance certificate covering all medical, hospital and funeral expenses, which may be incurred during the entire period of your stay in France, including repatriation costs on medical grounds ;
3. Guarantees of return: return ticket.
Cordialement/ Regards,
MT
Consulat Général de France à Londres/ French Consulate General, London
21 Cromwell Road
LONDON – SW7 2EN
Thanks for that . No mention of vaccination proof ?
Return ticket , for me , pita . Just have to cough up for flexiticket

Are these permanent conditions or temporary. I never buy a return ticket as I never know when ill be coming back. I guess I do now though. 90 days :(

You can book a return with eurotunnel and change the date if need be. Just can't get a refund. But as others say, 90 days rule!

Not quite the same as the foreign office page on entry requirements. I receive updates by email each time there are changes. You can sign up for them easily for any country or countries you choose.

Davy

Are these permanent conditions or temporary. I never buy a return ticket as I never know when ill be coming back. I guess I do now though. 90 days :(
To be honest it is very unusual for me to be away 90 days . Average trip is 6-8 weeks . Really hope to get away early October . Normally would return early December then set off again early February .
Will need to sit down and do the arithmetic . Not going to mention medical insurance , AHC on top of this . Sheit ! I just have

Thats going to be the biggest pita as older we get the more expensive it gets.

Isnt there supposed to be a replacement for the EHIC card? Ive not properly kept up as I have no intention of going over the water anytime soon.

Be careful about not booking a return ticket. Some health and breakdown over which has a time limit, whatever it is, can refuse cover even if you are claiming within the time limit. The argument is you cannot prove that you were complying with the terms and conditions. We always buy a flexi return ticket for that reason. Once when needing breakdown cover the I was asked very early on in the conversation what the date of my return ticket was. Reckon it’s always best to play safe with insurance terms wise.

Be careful about not booking a return ticket. Some health and breakdown over which has a time limit, whatever it is, can refuse cover even if you are claiming within the time limit. The argument is you cannot prove that you were complying with the terms and conditions. We always buy a flexi return ticket for that reason. Once when needing breakdown cover the I was asked very early on in the conversation what the date of my return ticket was. Reckon it’s always best to play safe with insurance terms wise.
I suspect you are correct , certainly when it comes to medical insurance . Pre-B I didn't bother with medical insurance but now have a 'condition' .
Though barryd did mention EHIC card replacement ?

I suspect you are correct ,Though barryd did mention EHIC card replacement ?
Isnt there supposed to be a replacement for the EHIC card? Ive not properly kept up as I have no intention of going over the water anytime soon.
Yes EHIC is still valid then when it expires replaced by GHIC but neither cover repatriation or funeral expensive's. We've never relied on it alone always get full medical cover for our selves while away

Yes EHIC is still valid then when it expires replaced by GHIC but neither cover repatriation or funeral expensive's. We've never relied on it alone always get full medical cover for our selves while away

Ive told Michelle not to bother sending me home if I cop it in France or Italy or somewhere. Just build a funeral pyre on top of the Col de Tourmalet or something and throw a party.

Dilemma . Insurance will cost me , possibly , £500 p.a. Need to check prices for repatriation

UPS have a pallet service.
I see a flaw in your note. I travel alone. Nobody likes me enough at home to travel with me. So who will load the pallet?
What we have worked out is, Nik and my son will drive out to wherever I am, hide me in the garage or if I’m lucky, in the boot of the car . Then one would drive the van, the other the car. Then declare me dead on arrival at Folkestone.
Can’t honestly say I’d be that bothered. Although there would be no need to fold me, if I travel in the van. Could save the undertaker a bit of bother trying to straighten me out.
Just a thought......

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back