Folding aluminium table

Thank you for all your comments. I did realise how difficult this would be. We found a nice one on the Regatta website based in Manchester indicates their clothing are made in Manchester. We sent them an Email to ask the dimensions of the table as there were none and asked where it was manufactured. The reply came back today made in China! To top it all went to BM , saw some face masks £12 for 2 packs got them home and in very small print made in China. Spoke to them on the phone as their information on the website says if not satisfied with any of our products we will refund but wouldn't accept these back. So again we have sent them an email and are awaiting for their reply.
Looks like we will have to keep our old table as it seems an impossible task.
PJ

Last edited:
I sometimes wonder why so many people are always so happy and keen to be dismissive of the idea that the UK might actually make anything anymore?

Maybe not churning out massive volumes of the cheapest tat in sweatshop factories like China, but would that be anything to be proud of?

UK is the 8th largest globally and 2nd largest in Europe after Germany

I sometimes wonder why so many people are always so happy and keen to be dismissive of the idea that the UK might actually make anything anymore?

Maybe not churning out massive volumes of the cheapest tat in sweatshop factories like China, but would that be anything to be proud of?

8th globally, but I notice after India and South Korea, countries that were well down in the list not that many years ago....

Quite excited myself in that our place which imports lots from all around the place never even thought about manufacturing our own, few months ago we started to give it a whirl, and now have found lots of opportunities and people who want to buy British made and the prices are not so different than the imports, but the quality control is bang on. What we are outputting is a drop in the ocean to what we turn over but every oak tree starts small :)

Fact is we are poor so we buy out the £1 shop,when we did make stuff it broke,to expensive and was not what folk wanted but more this is all you require.
Lets look at british m bikes,slow fell apart and were go to work bikes for the very low paid workforce.
Now japan seen the boy racer in the young with money in there pocket and wanting to be mike halewood the japs responded,what did britain do,sod all except fight with unions and sit on there hands,british bikes went down the tubes,car industry seeing this did the same,buy british my ar-e.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back