Folding aluminium table

pamjon

We are trying to buy a folding aluminium table to replace ours which is rather bulky and heavy. It would preferably have adjustable legs. I have searched on Ebay and found lots around the £25 price range, however, they are ALL from China and China based businesses even though they say dispatched from UK.
We are also trying to buy a cellular tablet which again ALL come from China.
I am sorry but I refuse to buy anything now (knowingly) from China. I find myself now looking very carefully as to where something is made.
We would rather pay a little more and support British industry than pay for the cheap and inferior products from a corrupt communist regime.
I am sure I will get some abuse concerning my post but everyone has their own moral standards with which they live by.
pj

Last edited:
have you looked at Go Outdoors ? no idea where they come from tho

We are trying to buy a folding aluminium table to replace ours which is rather bulky and heavy. It would preferably have adjustable legs. I have searched on Ebay and found lots around the £25 price range, however, they are ALL from China and China based businesses even though they say dispatched from UK.
I am sorry but I refuse to buy anything now (knowingly) from China. I find myself now looking very carefully as to where something is made.
We would rather pay a little more and support British industry than pay for the cheap and inferior products from a corrupt communist regime.
I am sure I will get some abuse concerning my post but everyone has their own moral standards with which they live by.
pjl

You have every right to do as you choose but your life is going to get a lot harder trying to avoid China.

Read the reviews, a lot of Chinese stuff can be good quality.

Sorry - you edited your OP after I had replied.

I think your problem is the "knowingly" bit and your choices will be narrowed down considerably. I do like to support UK business myself but it is getting harder and harder. Good luck.

We just sold a fold up aluminium table. It was a Trigano and made in France. It was like this.
Top is 140 x 80 cm. One adjustable leg and it folds up into a arrow bag.

EFD3DD07-9C4D-4D3C-8CC7-7AA88DC263FF.jpeg

I think Samsung and Sony have closed their phone manufacturing plants in China and now manufacture them in South Korea and Thailand respectively. I assume Samsung tablets are also made in SK, but you’d have to check that.

Last edited:
pj
YOu wont get no arguments from me. I know lots of people are on budgets but if you can buy local/british where possible you should, look after this country.

If you want one made of granite or oak I think you’ve got a chance but if you want something with a new material like aluminium or any other material invented this century you’re going to have to buy from China. I see where you’re coming from but the only thing we get that doesn’t originate from China in some form is the weather. I bought a lovely table resonantly delivered all the way from Holland guess where it was made. https://www.obelink.co.uk/camping-accessories/camping-furniture/

I remember when I was a kid my Dad wouldn't buy anything unless it had "Made in Britain" on it and anything made in Japan was considered cheap and nasty! He also proudly flew the union flag outside the house and in the later years he got letter after letter from the council telling him that he didn't have permission to fly it 😒 They didn't know him very well though, because my brother and I took that flag down and buried it with him lol. Britain is still a very innovative country and there are still plenty of small to medium size manufacturing businesses but we all love a bargain and while we keep buying Chinese stuff they'll keep on making it so I admire the OP for at least looking for British stuff.

Regards,
Del

No abuse coming from here however ...........................

The simple fact is these days is that if you don`t want anything that has a connection with China then you`ll probably have to do without.
Most electronic stuff, even though it may say it’s not made in China, will most probably have Chinese made components inside.
Many countries are now just assembly centres, bringing in components from all over the world so the proud Made in Britain/ England/ U.K. may not mean much.
Even my German Continental tyres are actually manufactured in the Czech Republic, probably from Chinese rubber....

we bought 2 new leather reclining settees at the height of the covid tried desperately to avoid china but ultimately had to buy one that had a china made reclining system, probably the rest as well lol, incidentally lidl had a camping table on offer looked quite robust no idea of its pedigree though,

pj
you are correct, if people did not buy chinkey goods, the world wood be a better place, thanks , ok.pj

Most if not all get there goods made in china or other places where lab and pay is small,how many on here are buying a R Enfield .
And your big snobs driving BMW German cars will find most of the electricery in it comes from CHINA.
Many folk at my workshop are funney about the outboards i sell as from china,until i show them the engine plate on a small mercury which is ,yes made in the same place along with tohatsu ,mariner,honda is the only outboard made in japan and the sh one t.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back