Fog lights

Easy. I drive to the test station. They test it. They issue an MOT.
It has passed at four different test stations since I've had it. None have quibbled about front fog lights.
I don't know if they are part of the test at all: after all lots of vehicles don't have them, so they can't be mandatory.
They are from last year and now reversing lights are tested, next it will be the light in the fridge. 😂

Driving with fog lights on when visibility is good is a pet hate of mine too and is illegal...

You MUST NOT use front or rear fog lights unless visibility is seriously reduced (see Rule 226) as they dazzle other road users and can obscure your brake lights. You MUST switch them off when visibility improves.

When I was in the police force, people driving with (usually front) fog lights on (classed as a moving traffic offence) were always worth a stop check, this often led me to a search of the vehicle and breath test. I made many arrests from these stop checks.

Don't know why people get so upset about it, yet to be dazzled by a front fog light, unless it's well out of bonk, same as any other light. Rears are a different matter.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back