Flytipping menaces

No more than any other motorhomer. Personally, I find it hard to see the difference.

Motorhomers usually have a regular, legitimate income of some sorts, travellers not so much...

It's the lack of steady income and the zero fear of reprisals that might make someone looking to make a quick buck before they move on to another town dump rubbish like above.

If you're not a traveller, maybe leave the defence up to them. Until the traveller society cleans up it's act (pun intended) they don't deserve random people like you jumping on to threads saying oh, there's only the odd one or two bla bla. The difference is I'd shop my own brother for dumping crap like that, would the travellers?

I'm also well aware of the difference between gypsies, showmen (who I've got plenty of respect for)

Last edited:
3j9t0o.jpg

Motorhomers usually have a regular, legitimate income of some sorts, travellers not so much...

It's the lack of steady income and the zero fear of reprisals that might make someone looking to make a quick buck before they move on to another town dump rubbish like above.

If you're not a traveller, maybe leave the defence up to them. Until the traveller society cleans up it's act (pun intended) they don't deserve random people like you jumping on to threads saying oh, there's only the odd one or two bla bla. The difference is I'd shop my own brother for dumping crap like that, would the travellers?

I'm also well aware of the difference between gypsies, showmen (who I've got plenty of respect for)

Why is there an assumption of guilt? In this tragic case I mean? It could have been Travellers therefore it was aTravellers? "If you're not a traveller, maybe leave the defence up to them" They have no need of a defence, you have need of proof.

You patently don't understand the word racist!

Simply ask our hard stretched and brilliant boys and girls in blue what they think of the vast majority of the traveller community, the words they use aren't for using here.
I am not talking about true Romany Gypsies that do still exist and many of whom are good honest decent people with a different attitude on life, I am talking about people almost all of whom are white and born in the UK many of of whom have a crime record longer than most peoples arms who believe they are above the law.

Believe me, I have seen first hand what these people are capable of, I have been involved in working groups who have tried to protect their local community, I have worked alongside the police, local authorities and heaven knows how many other organisations attempting to rid communities of their presence.

You obviously do.

Simply ask our hard stretched and brilliant boys and girls in blue what they think of the vast majority of the traveller community, the words they use aren't for using here.
I am not talking about true Romany Gypsies that do still exist and many of whom are good honest decent people with a different attitude on life, I am talking about people almost all of whom are white and born in the UK many of of whom have a crime record longer than most peoples arms who believe they are above the law.

Believe me, I have seen first hand what these people are capable of, I have been involved in working groups who have tried to protect their local community, I have worked alongside the police, local authorities and heaven knows how many other organisations attempting to rid communities of their presence.

Nor do you. The courts have said that Romany Gypsies and Irish Travellers are protected against race discrimination because they're ethnic groups under the Equality Act. Your words are racist and are probably criminal. If I were you I'd backtrack pretty quickly.

Take out the words traveller community and insert black and asian community and you might understand.

Simply ask our hard stretched and brilliant boys and girls in blue what they think of the vast majority of the Black and Asian community”

The presumption of innocence is a hallmark of a civilised society.

As motorhomers we are too often denied the presumption of innocence, We are denied because we are motohomers; we must defend those others who are denied it simply because of their race. Or who will defend us?

BACK ON TOPIC

Hope your recovery is swift. Hate burns. Next time use diesel it does not go bang and burns slowly. If you don't believe me drop a match in a egg cut of diesel and it will just go out. You know what happens with petrol.

Many years ago I was at the Old General Hospital after falling off my scooter when they bought a guy in with most of his hair missing and shirt in tatters. He had been trying to get his outboard engine going and someone had suggested warming it up might help. So he poured petrol over it and then lite a match. He said to me that he just stood there and wondered what had happened.

as a latent pyro ,i often use petrol to start reluctant fires , usually damp garden stuff. but i know that petrol gives off explosive fumes immediately on exposure to air,so i'll wet a rag or similar with a splash of unleaded ,light it and throw it from at least 10 feet to start the main conflagration . i've got a large pile to burn at the mo ,and have made a model roman catapult so my g/son can fire a burning tennis ball to ignite it . takes all sorts dunnit ?

as a latent pyro ,i often use petrol to start reluctant fires , usually damp garden stuff. but i know that petrol gives off explosive fumes immediately on exposure to air,so i'll wet a rag or similar with a splash of unleaded ,light it and throw it from at least 10 feet to start the main conflagration . i've got a large pile to burn at the mo ,and have made a model roman catapult so my g/son can fire a burning tennis ball to ignite it . takes all sorts dunnit ?
Smart man,let the we one burn his hands.:eek:😂😂😂

Oh dear! When I was in the police, we were taught to be non judgemental. Judgement was a job for the courts, not for us. If you went around with preconceived ideas about people you’d never do your job properly and end up like the Met police officers who gave Ricardo dos Santos and Bianca Williams a hard time recently.
Anyway, Mobilvetta, glad your OK, you unfortunately found out the reason people say never use petrol to start a fire!

Judgement was a job for the courts, not for us. If you went around with preconceived ideas about people you’d never do your job properly .....

"Coppers nose?" You do make assumptions of possible guilt based on what someone looks like. And then of course follow correct procedures to prove/disprove.

Why do people do that?

Because it works.

"Coppers nose?" You do make assumptions of possible guilt based on what someone looks like. And then of course follow correct procedures to prove/disprove.

Why do people do that?

Because it works.
Or, A Coppers Hunch? Some have it and it works. Most don’t and they are the ones that usually incorrectly profile people.

The dumped rubbish was almost certainly dumped there by travellers (or as I call them 'dids'), they are the scum of UK earth and need their legs cutting off because they have absolutely zero regard for the law and other peoples property.

My heart goes out to you Mobilvetta, I sincerely hope you make a full recovery.

This is clearly racist. I have no doubt that the remark is criminal. I assume the term "dids" is meant as a racist insult since I'm not familiar with the word.

I understand you have seen service as a District Councillor. Were you views shared by your colleagues on the council? May I know the council involved please? I will wish to investigate its views.

''did '' is short for ''diddakoi'' which means ,generally ,mixed Roma and Gorger . there's a few spellings
The irony of course is the majority here are gorga (settled community) the full timers with only a vehicle base didicoys both terms relate to those that aren’t Roma

With my council you now have to book a online slot with vehicle registration number, take proof of address and also have photographic identification.

I think they have not grasped the concept that if they accept rubbish at the dump its cheaper than collecting it off street corners. :unsure:

I’m pretty sure the vast amount of fly tipping and general littering around the U.K. is done by normal members of the public, it’s just that some of the travelling community become scapegoats for every pile of rubbish tipped because it’s easier to blame a small selection of the community than admit to “normal” people doing it.

BACK ON TOPIC

Hope your recovery is swift. Hate burns. Next time use diesel it does not go bang and burns slowly. If you don't believe me drop a match in a egg cut of diesel and it will just go out. You know what happens with petrol.

Many years ago I was at the Old General Hospital after falling off my scooter when they bought a guy in with most of his hair missing and shirt in tatters. He had been trying to get his outboard engine going and someone had suggested warming it up might help. So he poured petrol over it and then lite a match. He said to me that he just stood there and wondered what had happened.
Best wishes for recuperation.
Aye it's the old adage 'every day a school day', we all have them!

Oh boy, so sorry to hear about your accident. Nasty! :confused:

It's bad enough, but the only reassurance I can give is that it could have been a lot worse...?
Thankful for small mercies, ey?

Hope you make a good recovery!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back