Flytipping menaces

Jesus! how bloody aweful!
NEVER EVER EVER USE PETROL TO START A FIRE! (EVEN A SMALL AMOUNT)
its a highly combustible product that actually explodes when ignited! (that's why its used in internal combustion engines)
I hope you will make a speedy recovery

Just to let you know,garden fires are not allowed and council can take you up on it

Not strictly true Trev unless you are causing a nuisance or smoke is drifting onto the road and causing a hazard.

a few years ago i bought one of them gas weed burners... basically a blowlamp with a 3 foot lance... useless for weeds but handy for lighting bonfires.

I have one of those somewhere, I think it was from Aldi.

I've never used it, must dig it out.

Here you are not allowed to burn household rubbish but you are allowed to burn garden waste. NI could be different.

Them custard tins are not to be trifled with.

You're not far wrong. 😜

In 1981, there was a dust explosion at the Bird’s Custard Factory in Banbury. A hopper – a container used to hold particles that have been collected from expelled air – became overfilled, creating a dust cloud of corn flour that ignited due to nearby electrical equipment. The explosion blew the roof off the building and 9 workers were injured. As custard is made when heat and water are added to custard powder, the water from the fire engines that came to put the fire out created gallons of custard inside the building, which then came pouring out.

Dave, really sorry to hear about your misfortune. It’s very sad but we are all human and make mistakes every day. I think you are very lucky that your injuries are not a lot worse, so enough beating yourself up, and concentrate on making a full recovery, you owe it to Elaine and the rest of your family.
Best wishes for a speedy recovery and an enjoyable family holiday.
Rog and Chris xx

Is this an NI thing? Why would shops sell incinerator bins?
Next door the my wifes folks house a chap did so and someone called the fire engine out,council round next day to tell him of,shops sell many things but does not mean ok to use.

Dave, really sorry to hear about your misfortune. It’s very sad but we are all human and make mistakes every day. I think you are very lucky that your injuries are not a lot worse, so enough beating yourself up, and concentrate on making a full recovery, you owe it to Elaine and the rest of your family.
Best wishes for a speedy recovery and an enjoyable family holiday.
Rog and Chris xx

Thanks Roger, much appreciated,

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back