First Trip/Covid19

Nice little trip..
With the bonus of MOT and shopping.
Didn’t get much shopping :oops:

But you’re right about the MOT, it’s alway nice when it passes without comment.

So, external influences aside, we’re all ready to motor now...

Looks like a nice van and handy to have a few local shake-down runs so when you are ready for your "proper" trips, everything will be just so (y)
Thanks.

If I’m brutally honest many bits of it “fit where they touch!” but it works for us and at the end of the day I guess that’s all that really matters.

All the important stuff, heating, fridge, hob, water etc. worked as they should. One of the cupboard catches obviously wasn’t fitted properly as the contents got deposited on the floor going round a corner, admittedly a bit faster than I probably should have. Oscar, our dog, nearly had a heart attack!

The van came with some internal silver screens so we never bothered with a curtain or anything between the cab and the habitation area. We also never checked the screens, or we’d have discovered that all the retaining suction cups were missing :sneaky:

Other than that, although only a one nighters it was a pleasant little jaunt.

I’d have to add that, after the nearly 30 year old Renault Trafic based Hymer with no turbo or power steering, the Citroen Relay is a positive pleasure to drive.

I (good health) was champing at the bit to get away.

Marlene (significantly poor health, specifically with breathing issues) less so.

Common sense prevailed and we’re back home.

Watching the news now reinforces that view.

There is talk, albeit only gossip at this stage, of the local ferries restricting passage to goods only.

Scary stuff, but now that we are home, I’m increasingly thinking this could be another good thing about living on a small remote island.

I (good health) was champing at the bit to get away.

Marlene (significantly poor health, specifically with breathing issues) less so.

Common sense prevailed and we’re back home.

Watching the news now reinforces that view.

There is talk, albeit only gossip at this stage, of the local ferries restricting passage to goods only.

Scary stuff, but now that we are home, I’m increasingly thinking this could be another good thing about living on a small remote island.

Pleased to see the penny has dropped at last! ;)

There will be plenty of time to get away in your van at some point in the future when this global tsunami has receded, whenever that might be.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back