First break in

The scroats do it because they know they can get away with it. They have no respect or fear of the law,because the law is toothless,thanks to misuse of Human Rights act and PC brigade!

courts, HRA, PC brigades there is one other group who have a lot to answer for that no one has mentioned yet.

PARENTS !!!

I am sure no one would have to travel too far from their doorstep tonight at 8.30 pm to see groups of youths up to no good. Courts deal with the results.

It is a parental responsibility to teach respect of others and the law. It seems for a long time as a society we have fell well short of the mark on this one.

Channa

Parents !!!

Parents don't get any choice on controlling their children, you end up harrassed by the SS and the Police. You can't take you child to often to casualty because they will report you to the SS for child abuse. I suggest you look at the real problem peer pressure from the schools the children are forced to go to. Finally to many look into the past with 'rose tinted glasses' certainly most of what happens today happened thirty years ago in the real world!

Nothing going on today is any worse than it was in the past, youth problems have always existed. Using a scewdriver in the side of the lock was certainly happening in the Midlands twenty years ago and I had plenty stolen from my vans, those days they took the van as well, today technology has stopped that!

My 2 daughters never felt the need to 'hang around'. Some of their school friends used to do this and invited my 2 but they couldn't see the point. I don't think we,as parents,directly influenced their choice. Maybe it was nature rather than nurture
It may also be due to use taking an interest in what they did,not to be nosy,but maybe as concerned parents.
Its worked my eldest is a special needs primary teacher and my youngest has just joined the Police.

Last edited by a moderator:
Police and Teachers

Two professions that are failing society the most today, sadly alot can be said for the politicisation of these organisations. The teachers fail to maintain discipline in the classroom and the Police to busy murdering and beating up civilians, when not emptying their pockets with fines.

As an disabled ex-school governor I can hold some opinion of classroom life and in my experience it is the failing teachers and not parents. For the Police my brother is a senior officer and other members in lower ranks, my brother is desperate to get his retirement in and go abroard, to much politics and the wrong type joining today. If you are a certain gender with leaning to similar genders from a minority stock with a disability you can go along way in the Police.

Gotta say something nice though, last week some tosser tried to climb into my young daughter's bedroom, called the Police, 5 cars including a dog team, never seen so many, but it was 3 AM, must have been between teabreaks. For the last ten years they never turn up, simply do it over the phone and give you a crime number!

Last edited:
What really gets on my nerves is that you work hard for your possesions then some yob with th iq level of a flip flop thinks he can come and take what is yours.I believe strongly in capital punishment for people who let there dogs foul on footpaths so the tower of london should do the trick for this individual however as a law abiding citizen we unfortunately cant take the law into our own hands and im just hoping that the above punishments might one day be passed in parliment.......I have a long experience in legal circles and we are far to soft on offenders all the best and dont do anything you might later regret its just not worth it.:rolleyes:

Two professions that are failing society the most today, sadly alot can be said for the politicisation of these organisations. The teachers fail to maintain discipline in the classroom and the Police to busy murdering and beating up civilians, when not emptying their pockets with fines.

/QUOTE]

Interesting in the context of your earlier comments and those offered by others.

A teachers job is to teach not raise peoples children in some surrogate capacity ? Their job is to tutor pupils in a given subject to be competent in that subject surely ?

In respect of discipline, their job is surely to reinforce that discipline instilled by parents ? Afterall it is parents who have majority custody of children in the early years.And it is this lack of grounding I was referring too. It is a parents responsibility not a schools priority to teach children primarily right and wrong.

In respect of the Police, I know of several officers who are has disillusioned at sentencing by the courts possibly more vocal than people have stated here.

Has Gridok with his legal exposure will I suspect testify, the Police in 95 percent of cases report to the CPS who then decide whether on the balance of success decide to prosecute. It is the Courts that prescribe punishment which ( and I agree with you here) in the case of magistrates at least pretty much is pre determined by guidelines.

Perhaps another contentious point but one I suspect few people are aware.
Is that with all offences maximum discount is given off a tarriff for the earliest guilty plea. So on one hand we end up with perceived 'soft' punishments but because of the expedience of the case tax payers money is saved in terms of court time.

An interesting debate.

Channa

teachers and police professionals?

My experience with teachers involved an extensive side parents don't see, unprofessional behavior, dishonesty, lack of interest despite having more time off and support for the last thirty years. We have many teachers who take a post and then go on the sick for twelve or more months. When we finally insist they go see the school doctor, everyone resigns before the appointment. Leaving the school with a massive wage bill for temps, who could not care less if the children learn anything or not. A class travel through our school without a perminant teacher, they became unteachable and the staff just cheered when they moved on. Shortages mean under qualified teachers/heads are promoted beyond their ability, unfit for their posts. I dealt with various tribunials where these so called professionals lie, cheat and quite dishonest. My partner another school governor at a different school has even worse stories to tell, Woodhouse was right 40% of teachers are unfit to be called professionals, I would say in my experience 40% was to low!

Schools are there to provide social discipline and work ethic, little robots to serve the community and has little to do with learning. That is why school attendance is forced on children even down to using propaganda in the lessons. I home school my daughter rather than let those jokers called teachers fail my child!

As a ex-publican, business owner in Coventry in the past, the Police are bent and dishonest, they closed a whole crime squad when I was there. Some of the things I've witnessed is unpublishable, I would never trust them at anytime, I always record any conversation I have with them as a 'norm'.

My experience with teachers involved an extensive side parents don't see, unprofessional behavior, dishonesty, lack of interest despite having more time off and support for the last thirty years. We have many teachers who take a post and then go on the sick for twelve or more months. When we finally insist they go see the school doctor, everyone resigns before the appointment. Leaving the school with a massive wage bill for temps, who could not care less if the children learn anything or not. A class travel through our school without a perminant teacher, they became unteachable and the staff just cheered when they moved on. Shortages mean under qualified teachers/heads are promoted beyond their ability, unfit for their posts. I dealt with various tribunials where these so called professionals lie, cheat and quite dishonest. My partner another school governor at a different school has even worse stories to tell, Woodhouse was right 40% of teachers are unfit to be called professionals, I would say in my experience 40% was to low!
Schools are there to provide social discipline and work ethic, little robots to serve the community and has little to do with learning. That is why school attendance is forced on children even down to using propaganda in the lessons. I home school my daughter rather than let those jokers called teachers fail my child!

As a ex-publican, business owner in Coventry in the past, the Police are bent and dishonest, they closed a whole crime squad when I was there. Some of the things I've witnessed is unpublishable, I would never trust them at anytime, I always record any conversation I have with them as a 'norm'.

It is plaudible that you have shared your experiences that in effect shape ones opinion.
But every occupation, and I mean every occupation there are people that abuse their position and are inherent malingerers. I am sadly old enough to have worked with people who displayed all the character you speak of.

For myself, I grew up in a mining village in South Yorkshire, a pretty intimidating arena if you let it. My background in itself at one stage was an hinderence particular when I wanted to join the RAF as a pilot. Pilots in the late 70's didnt have Yorkshire accents !!Furthermore it didnt help I attended the largest comprehensive school in the country at the time.

My parents pretty much subscribed to the fact that was it I needed to accept it albeit supported my decisions best they could. There was a medical issue/ question ...so it wasnt to be ..but nevertheless since..I have been successful I suppose.

I had interests has a teenager in Karate and that occupied me and I am sure helped me to not drop into the vacuum ( a lot of my classmates did and have ended up in prison) It is this belief of 'can do' we need to instill into the young
Showing an interest in what they want to do and their asprations ..discussing how to achieve. This is the role of a parent not a teacher.

My own daughter was blessed with acting talent and has worked in the west end on numerous occasions. At vulnerable peer pressure times it was a bit of parental guidance that got us there. I am not saying we didnt get it wrong on occasion ..as we know there is no manual with children. But I am sure effective parenting is fundamental to young peoples development and schools are there to reinforce in a secondary capacity.

My thoughts

Channa

Unfortunately these scumbags laugh at the pitiful token punishments handed out on the very odd occassion that they are caught. Instant retribution is all that makes them hesitate. Perhaps the time has come to take justice back for the protection of the (almost) silent majority. :eek:

i'm ready....:eek:

IMGP3045x1k.jpg

:D

regards;)
aj

Such a relief to listen to the' voices of reason' I must speak to my daughters.

courts, HRA, PC brigades there is one other group who have a lot to answer for that no one has mentioned yet.

PARENTS !!!

I am sure no one would have to travel too far from their doorstep tonight at 8.30 pm to see groups of youths up to no good. Courts deal with the results.

It is a parental responsibility to teach respect of others and the law. It seems for a long time as a society we have fell well short of the mark on this one.

Channa

lol channa i finally agree with you m8 ;)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back