Finding TV reception

• Thread starter Deleted member 38455
  • Start date
I’ve got one of those poxy teleco wing omni aerials on the roof and can count on one hand when I’ve successfully tuned into TV stations in the last year...

Are you retuning the tv as well?
Yes, at first I thought the tv was playing up, as I couldn’t get it to tune even when sat on the drive at home. So I took the tv indoors plugged it into my home aerial, tuned in lovely, noted signal strength and quality. Took the tv back into the van pugged it up to the omni, great, better signal strength showing etc, so proving to me the van omni and amp were ok. I actually think Omnis are just shite at ‘homing in’ on the main signal and just cancel themselves out by having multiple direction received signals. That said, I’m open to suggestions on how I can consistently get reception with an omni....

I’ve got one of those poxy teleco wing omni aerials on the roof and can count on one hand when I’ve successfully tuned into TV stations in the last year...
Ive got the same one i thout it was just me absolutely rubbish at picking up signal even when there's houses nearby and you know you should be getting something 😢

We barely ever watch TV but just can't believe that most here seem to just faff about with apps to find the general direction of the transmitter rather than simply using a signal strength meter to find the very strongest signal?

No, cannot do without my cricket & football. Conversation is a bit limited being a widower and having a dog as my travelling companion.
Yes, that is one disadvantage of overnighting in the middle of nowhere, no DAB reception and no Test Match Special cricket :(

We use the vision plus directional aerial with booster and signal locator. In rural areas there are sometimes local transmitters, then I set the aerial to vertical and get a better signal. Recently on the C&M site in Bunree we along with others were the only ones to get a decent picture using this feature.
As for avtex I like their TVs, but I agree with Wildebus regarding the storing of channels for different locations.
Their newest model does not have a DVD player, I reckon that’s a mistake. Also why such expensive TVs don’t play blu ray disks also escapes me.

I use the free app on my iPhone DTV Antennas it shows up the 4 closest masts with arrows pointing in the right direction also tells you the distant away they are, it's never let me down

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back