Finance a camper

Would you get finance on a camper or have you done this.

• Total voters
I like watching reviews on Youtube of Motorhomes, including some really posh and expensive ones.
I have to say I watched a couple of Morelo ones this weekend, where you are talking 6 figure numbers easily and I just cannot summon the enthusiasm for them :( really do look too much like gin palaces to me (sorry if offending any Morelo owners) but I guess everyone is different.
I am honestly perfectly happy with my old Autotrail :)

(having said that, I love some of the big American Coach RVs, but they are a big step up from the European A-Class/Class A motorhomes)

Last edited:
When I discuss any Motorhome, or an aspect of a Motorhome, I try to remember and respect that the reason there are so many different types available, is due to our differing needs and requirements.
There’s a letter in this months MMM were a reader explains why he thinks that skyviews on van conversions are a waste of money and space. He even makes the comment that you will get to warm in summer even though they have blinds. He also states why would you want more light.
Well I would prefer a skyview, because it means I can stand up in the cab area, and the skylight creates the illusion of more space. But I totally get why others would differ, hence why both are available.
Choosing a van involves both practical and aesthetic judgement, objectivity with some subjectivity in the mix, and we all have differing demands and tastes. There is no such things as a right van, just a van that’s right for you.

Can I afford to put 20k on the drive and leave it to sit there.= no... as I been let go again . Agency last week
Im a £$%^ lorry driver to the outside world = Employer's But I want the best for me and wife. As we have always made do !

now at the end of 2021 Van arrived jan 2020 it was a 6 month project befor covid uncertainty
now looking like 3 years I'll stop working on van till after new year, at end of this week.
= plug and play = very expensive. My van is taking to long to finish. As I won't invest with covid and the lock downs. should I have loans on the bigger stuff, now lock downs finnest . not size costs £££. ????
Should I finance parts I want for this nearly new 10 year van. ????
As the buget is spent on base vehicle.
Someone said lately, I'm always playing with van. (Keeping it cheaper) Now I'm just at a loss, as I see that now. Its takeing to much time.

Can I afford to put 20k on the drive and leave it to sit there.= no... as I been let go again . Agency last week
Im a £$%^ lorry driver to the outside world = Employer's But I want the best for me and wife. As we have always made do !

now at the end of 2021 Van arrived jan 2020 it was a 6 month project befor covid uncertainty
now looking like 3 years I'll stop working on van till after new year, at end of this week.
= plug and play = very expensive. My van is taking to long to finish. As I won't invest with covid and the lock downs. should I have loans on the bigger stuff, now lock downs finnest . not size costs £££. ????
Should I finance parts I want for this nearly new 10 year van. ????
As the buget is spent on base vehicle.
Someone said lately, I'm always playing with van. (Keeping it cheaper) Now I'm just at a loss, as I see that now. Its takeing to much time.
Something that I would suggest for anyone doing a van ... when it comes to Electrics, don't skimp with rubbish kit to save a bit of money as it will cost more in the long run, but also keep things modular so you can transplant to another van if you change the base or resell that kit if your plans change.

I've invested a fair bit on my Motorhome electrics and the extra benefits are definately there. However .... I could remove everything I have added and take it back to close to how I bought it within a day.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back