Finance a camper

Would you get finance on a camper or have you done this.

• Total voters
Only once did i do it on a VW 1303 dub where I worked, got fed up and sold it on, if I cannot afford it it just don't get bought.
Being affordable to some Trev, means can they afford the payments, not being able to pay cash. Only 26% of new cars are cash sales. Obviously it’s better to pay for your van without debt but for some saving would take so long they may be to old to enjoy their new van. I was 60 when I bought my first van, I wish I had done so long before then.

I just bought the laptop I am writing this post on, on credit. It is Paypal credit and interest free for 12 months. silly not to really as I have set up a DD to pay it off with zero interest.

Aside from that the only thing I/we have ever bought on credit was a house with a mortgage. Thankfully we no longer have one of those now either...a mortgage that is, not a house!

Chatted to an interesting horticultural gent on the phone about plants a couple of months back.
As most of you know I can usually talk the hind legs off several donkeys, so the conversation wandered onto current affairs (as if!) :ROFLMAO: 🤪 :cool:

He told me his dad used to say "Son, if there's anything you want, come and see me and I'll tell you how you can live without it!".

Perhaps that's just because he was from Nooooorfolk... ? :unsure: 🙃

Chatted to an interesting horticultural gent on the phone about plants a couple of months back.
As most of you know I can usually talk the hind legs off several donkeys, so the conversation wandered onto current affairs (as if!) :ROFLMAO: 🤪 :cool:

He told me his dad used to say "Son, if there's anything you want, come and see me and I'll tell you how you can live without it!".

Perhaps that's just because he was from Nooooorfolk... ? :unsure: 🙃
Dad I am looking for a woman who hates shopping, loves cooking, always does what I tell her, and is careful with money. :)

If he ever finds one could he ask if she has a sister looking to marry a tight ar-e.
I have found her for you just pm me your contact number and I will pass it on

7E3DEE8D-AF89-4293-95A2-20B9D79B0F9F.png

My feelings exactly. Many years ago, when the Access card first came out, I got in a right mess and MIL had to bail us out. Since that day I buy nothing on credit, as you say, if I can't afford it I go without.
I must admit, that whilst I'm adverse to taking out loans, if I'm not paying cash it's on my credit card, but that's paid off with a direct debit each month and I get cash back for using it.

I voted No, but if i was younger and getting a small van as my only vehicle for local use plus trips away then certainly it would be financed as some of my cars used to be. But repayments on 140K would rule me out. Family & job circumstances, how much would you use the van, insurance, storage, price of petrol, lots to consider.

My self build £6.000 all in, no tic required, yes I have a cap one card but if I use it I pay the full amount at end of mth.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back