Ferry Booked for March.

I,m taking the halifax clarity card it's always given me a good rate.
It could be higher or lower when you use your card We always take some cash and use a preloaded card which we load when we think the rates at its best

I used to but these days I dont take much cash or loaded cards.I find I spend less this way.We,ve got a bit of shrapnel,handy for a supermarket trolly 😁

Is that a preload card looked on net but can,t work it out
It is but with a difference in that you can load it with a sum of money from your bank a/c as you require it (cost nothing) then when you wish to use you exchange from pounds to euros or whatever and pay in the currencey of the country you are in. There is no fee and they offer good exchange rates. We find it great for diesel, tolls etc.. When you are all finished you just put anything left back in your a/c.

That's it.Booked it through C&CC for a nice discount
Fed up with the weather so we're off for a bit of cheer.
Plymouth-roscoff march 15th.
No plans except head to spain and the coast.

We are booked on the tunnel 14th March with the same intention of heading to Spain for a month. We will be in an Autosleeper Inca reg no HK55. Come for a beer if you see us.

Bernie

It is but with a difference in that you can load it with a sum of money from your bank a/c as you require it (cost nothing) . When you are all finished you just put anything left back in your a/c.
Thanks we use a Brittany Ferries card which allows us the same only when we put pounds in their converted to Euros. We keep an eye on the rate and put money on when we think its at it's best. But can do it daily thru bank acc if req
Your x change rate might be better will watch that to now

We are booked on the tunnel 14th March with the same intention of heading to Spain for a month. We will be in an Autosleeper Inca reg no HK55. Come for a beer if you see us.

Bernie
Only if its the somport tunnel,we're heading Plymouth to roscoff :D.Good discounts right now 👍 going no further than benidorm ,if that.

We’re off this Friday - ferry to Santander so hope the weather calms down a bit (lot!). Not sure yet whether to turn left or right off the ferry, most probably stay the night in Santander then potter slowly down to the med and grab some warmth. Will come back when it warms up here... June?

We’re off this Friday - ferry to Santander so hope the weather calms down a bit (lot!). Not sure yet whether to turn left or right off the ferry, most probably stay the night in Santander then potter slowly down to the med and grab some warmth. Will come back when it warms up here... June?
Remembering that the weather on the north Spanish coast is usually the same as England I would head south if I was you.
Not straight to Madrid but slightly towards the Portuguese border.
Salamanca, palencia, this is a lovely part of Spain. Good roads, nice towns.

We’re setting off on 15th March, parking at Canterbury P&R to pay a visit to the City before presenting ourselves at Dover for the 07.40 to Calais on the 17th.
We have a couple of calls to make on the way down, first to Yerville and then to Seigy near St Aignan.
Then, the ‘plan’ is to visit Carcassonne and then, now that we have time, a relaxing visit to Las Salinas de Torrevieja, with a hope that the health benefits are all they are cracked up to be.
After that anything could happen, the only certainty is that we will pop in and see a certain couple of tea drinkers, if they’ll have us that is, and then bum around the Algarve until it’s time to come home in time to get to the Orkney meet.

We’re setting off on 15th March, parking at Canterbury P&R to pay a visit to the City before presenting ourselves at Dover for the 07.40 to Calais on the 17th.
We have a couple of calls to make on the way down, first to Yerville and then to Seigy near St Aignan.
Then, the ‘plan’ is to visit Carcassonne and then, now that we have time, a relaxing visit to Las Salinas de Torrevieja, with a hope that the health benefits are all they are cracked up to be.
After that anything could happen, the only certainty is that we will pop in and see a certain couple of tea drinkers, if they’ll have us that is, and then bum around the Algarve until it’s time to come home in time to get to the Orkney meet.
Sorry Ral, tea is all that's left now that visiting royalty have been ;)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back