European gas adapters

Makzine

On my new to me motor home I now have a gas tank, until now we have only had bottles. So looking for advice on what adapters I will need when going to France later on in the summer. I have filled her up locally here but don’t have any adapters so asking before I buy things I don’t need.

This is a comprehensive set, but a bit expensive. I thinks a minimum the dish type adapter is the most common in Europe.

Many fuel stations have adapters which they let you use.

Cheers

H

On my new to me motor home I now have a gas tank, until now we have only had bottles. So looking for advice on what adapters I will need when going to France later on in the summer. I have filled her up locally here but don’t have any adapters so asking before I buy things I don’t need.
/www.gasit.co.uk/leisure-gas-refillable-products/8-fill-point-adaptors-for-uk-refillable-gas-bottles-tank-systems.html

You may want to get the Spanish one as well as the French one.

This is a comprehensive set, but a bit expensive. I thinks a minimum the dish type adapter is the most common in Europe.

Many fuel stations have adapters which they let you use.

Cheers
I'd advise you buy the pack of three .
Definitely covered for France and Spain . I'm sure I've used the third one but can't remember where .

Left one is what I've used in Norway, Middle one for Spain. The other not used nor the bottle adapter, from gas-it, for, I believe Spain. Used with the hose.
IMG_20220425_101153.jpg
IMG_20220425_101158.jpg

I have found an excellent source of advice and equipment to be: https://www.lpgshop.co.uk.

the triple set covers most of europe but i had to get the bayonet extension piece for a lot of uk garages particularly morrisons the nozzle is so chunky it wouldn’t fit inside the bayonet housing

Forgot which one I need for the UK
If you have the standard bayonet connector, you don't need an adapter for the UK. The dish one in the left (the only adapter I have: all I've needed) screws into the middle hole of the bayonet fitting.
My old tank needed an adapter for UK pumps.

Surprised you are all using Spanish adaptors instead of connecting a Spanish bottle. Is bottled gas not still a lot cheaper than LPGin Spain?
Appreciate not as easy if you have underslung tank instead of refillable bottles

Spain is not the world, but I get that it might be worth having a Spanish bottle if you spend most of your time there.

I`ve only ever topped up in France, never needed to in the other EU countries.

I found that the dish adapter was the only one needed, i have the set of 3 but only ever used 1 of them.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back