Engine oil

If thats what they say then go buy, 5 is for cold starts and 40 when it warms up, this is when the long chain polymers warm up & unfold within oils.
These then roll up catching bypass blow dirt & acids, hense change oil at correct times or sooner if used for short trips, this may be over your head but it works best in the engine. 😂
We tip, fill the oil filter before fitting, saves a dry start on the crank bearings. ;)

Google search recommends 5w 40 or 5w 40 which is best for a Fiat Ducato 2.2
If they are the only recommendations then i would go with :unsure: ....................................................................................... 5w 40 :)

Seriously though, it will tell you the correct viscosity in the hand / service books.

If they are the only recommendations then i would go with :unsure: ....................................................................................... 5w 40 :)

Seriously though, it will tell you the correct viscosity in the hand / service books.
I’ll go look in the hand book then, the reason I ask is it had a full service in June and yesterday my oil light came on so I thought I’d better get some oil to top up

You should have a receipt for the service, which should say which oil they used, check that and use the same.

Are you sure it’s a 2.2 and not a 2.3 ?

There are a couple of very different 2.2 engines used in the Ducato, so year of vehicle is important.

it had a full service in June and yesterday my oil light came on
I think I would be surprised about an oil light warning after such a short time since a service, unless you have driven many thousands of miles meantime. I'm not familiar with Ducato warning lights (mine's a Renault Master) but, is it a light telling you to check the level or is it the low oil pressure light which is usually yellow or amber. Either way check the level the old fashioned way via the dipstick ASAP.

Maybe the garage under filled with oil at the service.

Yeah Annie's has the 2*2 Ford unit im sure
As Boris stated check invoice or call garage that serviced it Annie try n no mix 5/30 and 5/40 viscosity

I think I would be surprised about an oil light warning after such a short time since a service, unless you have driven many thousands of miles meantime. I'm not familiar with Ducato warning lights (mine's a Renault Master) but, is it a light telling you to check the level or is it the low oil pressure light which is usually yellow or amber. Either way check the level the old fashioned way via the dipstick ASAP.

Maybe the garage under filled with oil at the service.
Well spotted, I was thinking the engine oil dropping a bit soo soon after a service seemed strange, but I was thinking more about the level on dip stick, if it's the oil warning light on that's a whole different ball game. Could be a lot less oil been put in then should have been, or a lot of oil has been lost, either way it's not normal.

Back