en route to orkney

What a difference a day makes, wee breeze but warm, is it too early for a beer?
20210621_085234.jpg
20210622_090803.jpg

I will be heading soon, that's my Kegs packed (but no room for under ware) and a chiller for the beer seeing its going to be tropical on Orkney. Stopping off at Loch Morlich tonight, then set in the morning for the ferry at Scrabster 1 ish departure.View attachment 99002
What kind of mobile chiller do you use for the kegs? Mine have never left the keezer in the shed and I think they need a holiday in the hills.

FOLLOWING ON FROM THE BLACK PUDDING COOK OFF:

Let's cut to the chase: you Scots don't know how to cook a black pudding!

First of all you fry it with the polythene wrapping!!!! :cautious: What's that about?
Secondly, you slow fry it!!!! :cautious: Wrong on so many levels.

Right, let an English tell you how to do it properly.

Snip off the polythene.
Drop the slice into the fry pan on a MEDIUM HEAT for a couple of minutes so it forms a light crust.
Flip the slice over and fry for another couple of minutes.
Job done, shove it in your gob and enjoy.

The slice won't break up if fried to a slight crust both sides and you will not take in polythene carcinogens done the PROPER way.

Glad to get that of my chest!

I can almost hear the rasp of dirks on whetstone and picture the blue face paint being applied.

See you at the Drum for a masterclass.

"FRYDOM"

😁😁😁

Last edited:
The best way too cook black pudding believe it or not is to nuke it for a bit first to cook the centre then shallow fry on a high temp for a couple of mins removing the plastic garb first.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back