Emergency jump starter

And never mint that, if so good why dont cars/vans come with them instead of big proper batteries.
The cost probably,
My thought are if your little gizmo is the same price as a real battery, then buy the real battery.
My wife could not lift a 100AH battery out of the boot and carry it to the front and jump start her car, she could carry the jump starter in her handbag if she wanted to, they are also safe on modern electrics, easy to use and cleaner than lumping a battery around.

Interesting how the ones saying they are no good have never used one themselves :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

The cost probably,

My wife could not lift a 100AH battery out of the boot and carry it to the front and jump start her car, she could carry the jump starter in her handbag if she wanted to, they are also safe on modern electrics, easy to use and cleaner than lumping a battery around.

Interesting how the ones saying they are no good have never used one themselves :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

I agree Terry, I have one of the compact boosters and it works a treat and is much more convenient to use than the larger ones.

I can't remember the make but I will dig it out of the van tomorrow and have a look.

Make and model would help. 👍
Hi Annie, photo for you,

1611257832336.png

Attachments

• 1611257854563.png
    1611257854563.png
    4.8 MB · Views: 85
The cost probably,

I have and found it wanting.

I have an AntiGravity Micro Start XP10 which I bought about 6 years back. It is brilliant for starting my 4WD diesel tractor and a 2 wheel tractor. I have also used it to start a diesel Skoda Octavia. I also bought a small compressor for it and this not only pumps up the van tyres when necessary but it also works on the large tractor tyres provided you let it cool down every 10 minutes or so. It comes in a very neat wallet so is easy to carry around in the van.

carry one in my works van, great piece of kit

Like everything else Trev there are good and poor ones which is why Annie asked for recommendations, was the one you tried like this cheap Chinese copy
View attachment 91622

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Dont know as a chap brought it out of his car and said how wonderful it was, fully charged but all it did was make the solenoid click like mad, took 5/10 mins on my van to crank it over, to be honest i think they are for a batt that is just below the threshold, not one which is a pancake.

I have started my neighbours Mondeo when his battery was showing 0v while wasn't using it because of lockdown, on mine the instructions for a completely dead battery are simple and it has worked everytime, have a look at this link, the same make of starter here in the UK is the one in the link I posted earlier although the one from my link is bigger and better
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product...pf_rd_p=6e878984-68d5-4fd2-b7b3-7bc79d9c8cb60

You cannot make judgments on one that didn't work

I have been using this mini jump starter for the last 3 years.
Thankfully haven’t had to use it on my motorhome but I have started 2 diesel motorhomes and 4 cars without a problem. i use it every trip out for charging ecigs, iPad, iPhone and my MacBook then just recharge it when on the move. I even ran the tv a couple of years ago when my leisure batteries died on me. Comes in a handy zipped carry case with numerous adaptors for charging a multitude of gadgets.
Wont hesitate to by again when it finally fails.
Nearly forgot to mention for Trevs benefit one of the motorhomes it started had a flat battery that wouldn’t turn the engine over.

Watched a video that says you can't jump start vehicles from lipo batteries! Is that right?.

They said lipo batteries dont like high volt discharge.
Cold cranking amps =500 +. On wet lead acid batteries

wife and i run 3 vehicles , got a battery charger, good jump leads and aa membership, dont see any need to carry a jump start pack about.,,, it would be so rarely used that my fear is it would be flat when needed....or in one of the other vehicles

wife and i run 3 vehicles , got a battery charger, good jump leads and aa membership, dont see any need to carry a jump start pack about.,,, it would be so rarely used that my fear is it would be flat when needed....or in one of the other vehicles

It's just a convenience thing for me really.

Should I have a flat battery in the middle of nowhere I have the means to start the engine there and then rather than sit around waiting for the AA man to turn up.

It's also a lot easier to use than jump leads if you are parked awkwardly to connect to another vehicle.

It's just a convenience thing for me really.

Should I have a flat battery in the middle of nowhere I have the means to start the engine there and then rather than sit around waiting for the AA man to turn up.

It's also a lot easier to use than jump leads if you are parked awkwardly to connect to another vehicle.
That’s exactly why I want one I have full RAC cover including battery and tyres but just more convenient.

Search for Sealey capacitor starter. Brilliant price of kit no internal battery’s to keep charged. Ready when ever you need em. We use them at work all the time. Highly recommend

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back