Electric windows

alcam

Just discovered drivers side window not operating . Can't check it just now but assuming fuse ? Passenger window still working .
Any other common faults ?
2019 ducato

Just discovered drivers side window not operating . Can't check it just now but assuming fuse ? Passenger window still working .
Any other common faults ?
2019 ducato
I doubt it’s a fuse, if it was your passenger window would not work, I would have thought. The switch simply prizes out. If you have a multi meter check for supply. Then check for continuity on the switch. At the bottom of the door on the hinged side you have a shroud with the cables there’s a possibility of damaged cabling there.

Better system by far
air con.png

I doubt it’s a fuse, if it was your passenger window would not work, I would have thought. The switch simply prizes out. If you have a multi meter check for supply. Then check for continuity on the switch. At the bottom of the door on the hinged side you have a shroud with the cables there’s a possibility of damaged cabling there.
Thanks , did wonder about other window working

Can't argue with that
Not unusual for the switches to stop working reliably IF they don't get used regularly....

Try clicking it back and forth to see if you get the occasional movement from the window...
IF you do get some movement... Tin of aerosol switch cleaner from Ebay etc might be worth a try.

Forgot to mention, look to see if the switch is still backlit. If not it’s a supply issue.

Many years ago . When I was on Fleet maintenance, we had problems with cables breaking inside the A post caused by fatigue in the cables when opening and closing the door , fortunately not seen this this Problem lately.

Some of the x250's had problems with the loom where it passes through door pillar.

Older X244 models have separate fuses for the front windows as i discovered after i called the breakdown out ( AA ) last year.

He just radomly started pulling fuses on the drivers side fuse panel then found the problem was the coolant gauage sensor and nothing to do with fuses.

Later we noticed the passenger side window wasn`t working and after fannying around for ages i then decided to pull evey fuse out and visually check them as well as checking them for continuity and then found that the dickhead had put the passenger side window fuse back into a blank on the fuse panel.

Once i put the fuse back into the correct slot everything worked fine again.

Last edited:
Yes lit up . Can hear click when operating switch also .
As you say probably not power problem
Just in case anyone who has provided advice thinks I'm being rude , I've not yet done anything about the problem . Anyone that knew me would not be surprised in the slightest
Getting to Spain in a bit of a rush is my best excuse .
Will update when something is done

Just in case anyone who has provided advice thinks I'm being rude , I've not yet done anything about the problem . Anyone that knew me would not be surprised in the slightest
Getting to Spain in a bit of a rush is my best excuse .
Will update when something is done
In Santander area so decided to go to Vitali Motors
Used them before and they are very good and cheap .
Appears motor is goosed
Will find out tomorrow if Vitali is still good and cheap !

In Santander area so decided to go to Vitali Motors
Used them before and they are very good and cheap .
Appears motor is goosed
Will find out tomorrow if Vitali is still good and cheap !
🤞Alan eh

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back