Durdle Door Parking Charges

But having a reduced rate for those who cannot afford to go at all can only increase their footfall and therefore their profits.
And just because other car parks charge a lot doesn't make it ok for the NT to do the same imho
From what I've seen the NT car park charges (not that the OP refers to them) relates to how popular they are, go to a out of the way car park and it might be free, low charge, or voluntary payment, go to a busy area and the prices go up, so apart from maybe some tweaks I can't see that they will get any increase in footfall.
Now if only people would accept the proposed new law on making some forms of trespass a criminal activity they might get rid off the barriers. :devilish:

Thanks for all the comments. Reading the heading seems to be a bit misleading. I was actually saying you can park at Studland free in a MH Bay all day if you are a member whereas if you went to Lulworth Estate they want £15 far more than the charge for a car.

That's the problem with forums, what makes sense in your own head doesn't always come across the same to those reading it, esp. if you get distracted, I've done it a few times and no doubt will do it again.

Thanks for all the comments. Reading the heading seems to be a bit misleading. I was actually saying you can park at Studland free in a MH Bay all day if you are a member whereas if you went to Lulworth Estate they want £15 far more than the charge for a car.
When you say it’s a lot more a car is £10 all day and a motorhome can take up 2 car spaces so it does need to be put in context.

We are NT members purely for the free parking in scenic areas. Durdle Door and Lulworth are effectively private car parks and to be fair IMHO they are acting reasonably relatively speaking car v motorhome. But I may be right or wrong.

How often are you requested in a car park to purchase 2 tickets if you take up 2 bays?

Now Polperro in Cornwall that is a right rip off! £5 for cars for 2 hours and £15 minimum for motorhomes even for 2 hours. That is where I have felt the most mugged in the U.K.!

Last edited:
When you say it’s a lot more a car is £10 all day and a motorhome can take up 2 car spaces so it does need to be put in context.

We are NT members purely for the free parking in scenic areas. Durdle Door and Lulworth are effectively private car parks and to be fair IMHO they are acting reasonably relatively speaking car v motorhome. But I may be right or wrong.

How often are you requested in a car park to purchase 2 tickets if you take up 2 bays?

Now Polperro in Cornwall that is a right rip off! £5 for cars for 2 hours and £15 minimum for motorhomes even for 2 hours. That is where I have felt the most mugged in the U.K.!
I read that Cornwall have the highest car park charges in the UK.

I've been going to Cornwall for over 40 years, areas such as Polperro have always had high parking charges.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back