driving on m6

tony

police spotted a car on the M6 driving at 40 mph in the middle lane. the motorway was quiet at the time.
when the driver was signaled to pull over he stopped in the middle lane.
when questioned he he did not know he done anything wrong.

tony

Many idiots & old fa-ts drive in the middle or right outer lane here on the m2 going into and out of Belfast, sometimes swap 4/5 lanes greencastle turn of to go to Carrickfergus/whiteabbey on the right 2 outer m5, only a bald person would not experance a hair raising moment.
m2.jpg

As you say its aggressive to flash headlights

Five times for 50mph bib, bib, bib, bib-bib
four times for 40 mph. Bib, bib ,bib-bib

In the lorry when making progress I just bib my horn in any road works that slows down, To under the restricted max speed so they go to the max speed or move over. ! I Seem to be at it, all the time now.

Youngsters think roadworks are there to give / get updated from social media.!!!. Road works are where you should be more alert of your sorounding.

Especially love Wales in there plenty twentys zones just to be safe.. two times bib bib

If your a lane hogger/ anti social and domestic insured drivers please, hog the outside lane so we can pass in the middle lane. Thank you!

As you say its aggressive to flash headlights

Five times for 50mph bib, bib, bib, bib-bib
four times for 40 mph. Bib, bib ,bib-bib

In the lorry when making progress I just bib my horn in any road works that slows down, To under the restricted max speed so they go to the max speed or move over. ! I Seem to be at it, all the time now.

Youngsters think roadworks are there to give / get updated from social media.!!!. Road works are where you should be more alert of your sorounding.

Especially love Wales in there plenty twentys zones just to be safe.. two times bib bib

If your a lane hogger/ anti social and domestic insured drivers please, hog the outside lane so we can pass in the middle lane. Thank you!
What about lorry drivers spending 10 minutes in centre lane passing another lorry ?

In the lorry when making progress I just bib my horn in any road works that slows down, To under the restricted max speed.

May I suggest that you check the definition of maximum in a dictionary.

Are you aware that the Police can use such posts to prove intent when they charge you with a motoring offence?

BTW
Your = "of or relating to you or yourself or yourselves especially as possessor or possessors."
The abbreviation of "You are" is "You're".

What about lorry drivers spending 10 minutes in centre lane passing another lorry ?
This is what we call making progress not slowing down the flow of traffic ! Just bib your horn . Lol

May I suggest that you check the definition of maximum in a dictionary.
You may , but if the tarmac is safe at 70mph why are we now down to 40mph on long term road works ? Over 90 days. M62 east side was down to 30mph 24/7 last year !!! THE M4 IS NOT A MOTORWAY AS IT HAS A MAX SPEED IN EAST WALES OF 50 MPH. So it should be a dual carriage way.. as blue signs promote speed in excess of 60mph.

May I suggest people calibraet there's vehicles speedo with Google maps ! You're doing mostly 46mph thinking th3re doing 50mph. 64 mph again when at 70mph.on theres
I also suggest that you think back and remember the decade you last done 70 mph for 70 miles in England ? Or Evan close, now we have smart motorway.

I can't do 56mpm for 56 miles in the lorry unless I'm on nights.and then highways can't turn the restrictions off

if the tarmac is safe at 70mph why are we now down to 40mph on long term road works ?

To save the lives of the people drinking tea and leaning on spades and the lives of people texting whilst driving above the speed limit !

Also, when there are road works there are usually lane closures which means that less tarmac is available.

You may , but if the tarmac is safe at 70mph why are we now down to 40mph on long term road works ? Over 90 days. M62 east side was down to 30mph 24/7 last year !!! THE M4 IS NOT A MOTORWAY AS IT HAS A MAX SPEED IN EAST WALES OF 50 MPH. So it should be a dual carriage way.. as blue signs promote speed in excess of 60mph.

May I suggest people calibraet there's vehicles speedo with Google maps ! You're doing mostly 46mph thinking th3re doing 50mph. 64 mph again when at 70mph.on theres
I also suggest that you think back and remember the decade you last done 70 mph for 70 miles in England ? Or Evan close, now we have smart motorway.

I can't do 56mpm for 56 miles in the lorry unless I'm on nights.and then highways can't turn the restrictions off
Magnet around the gearbox speed sender sorts that problem. ;)

I drive down M74 regularly and join the M6 and as soon as you pass Penrith you find the middle lane getting clogged up with muppets it gradually gets worse the further south you go it’s difficult your sitting in the inside lane doing 55 to 60 and they are doing 45 50 you can’t undertake and trying to get speed up to overtake when driving a five ton lump and move into third lane can be dangerous just to get around. Just an observation but we still get it in Scotland but England is a nightmare for middle lane muppets.

Simply bad driving on motorways nowadays, government needs to make a decision either turn motorways into freeways to allow passing in any lane or enforce the existing rules.

Our local police (Northamptonshire) have launched a new campaign asking people to send in dash cam videos for them to prosecute bad behaviour, but really they should be policing the roads themselves, but they simply don’t do so. Therefore roads have just become chaos.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:290)

RoaminRog, Nabsim, MartinFife, caledonia, rugbyken, Robmac, runnach, izwozral, mistericeman, Jo001, Charlynch, 2cv, oppy, guerdeval, mark61, campervanannie, Makzine, V1nny, SquirrellCook, NSY, clarkpeacock, r4dent, andyjanet, Gadabout2, winks, RichardHelen262, ironman, Scotia, ajb70, maingate, pamjon, jeffmossy, Alberto, Bouydog, AllanD, colin, number14, n brown, Val54, ewen, TJBi, The laird, helmit, Tonybvi, Richard Surgey, alcam, Cass, Steve and Julie, amcjam, Garali9, trevskoda, CHAIRMAN, kevlakes, Neckender, Boris7, The Jacks, chrishunter, Fisherman, jann, 955itriple, marchie, TeamRienza, colinm, RSD7a, Canalsman, Bigshug, merl, 1807truckman, RegnVal, Mossystone, hmssnake, aross, zzr1400tim, Owen M, Greengrass, GinaRon, roadroamer, jeanette, pj650, Wooie1958, chrismatthews00, knowledgeseeker, Calianbay, Eriba, hamsterberg27, Alun100, Alf, Di1234, GeordieBoy, SCRUMPY BOY, topchook, Doigy, Rutaria, Nickrock, Dethy, gasgas, Tezza33, 2Coops, Chasn, Hogweed, Heppy, mariesnowgoose, Bubble, Tim120, Libra769, Budgie, jagmanx, 1 Cup, jacquigem, saxonborg, SimonM, Drover, gripseven, Wardy73, alwaysared, Sharon the Cat, Okta, Gerti58, Lee, Wully, davep10000, belbri, wildebus, DTF, Mr and Mrs Tupcox, Biggarmac, Rivertowy, Den, harrow, petermotorhome, WingNut, witzend, Glandwr, Victor, Moonraker 2, stonedaddy, mikepilot, Mikecoo, Hornet49, bnb080, BETTSY, GeorgeK, Wightman, Redcallaway1, Debroos, cornish hymer, LostInEngland, Kennymac, specky4eyes, exwindsurfer, UFO, Wandering scots, Caz, Jiwawa, Thistle, rjmurchie, Rob H, Livotlout, iampatman, Topmast, Windy6, hank, Ogre, trevexess, mike w, bdastu, GMJ, royh28, iandsm, Chip, shortcircuit, kingfisher1, molly 2, Quiddle, davidjlambert, longtoedsloth, VandA, Smalt, Pudsey Bear, peejay, barge1914, Seelyrrem, BKCharles, grobpilot, JVG, barryd, Snuffkin, ricc, Rosehip, denmar, Wildrock, Norfolk NewBoy, myvanwy, petre4, kensowerby, BOTCANU, Tapfitter, Tartarus, flying kipper, RV2MAX, HurricaneSmith, yeoblade, Veloman, Canonball, TimSands, lthoel2, calvo, Martin P, TeamPuffin, bellars, Clunegapyears, smackaylvit, Winterskp, GWAYGWAY, bodgeitnscarper, mick n jules, Owlhouse, boggie, Moocher, wrp, dvla3336, roady987, Trotter, alca, barrypat, Ken Parsons, Horbach, Patandtubs, jonc, MoiioM, Muddypuddler, SApril, Adriafan, FiL, Mikekilbride, azzoti, Rolyan57, Martin1865, Tim1953, CuckooChaser, Rod, DAVEY, Mischief2, Hamewilldaeme, NudeJude, Walkingmox, Bazza1509, bjh, timatabsa, swedenut, Gerry Attrick, gettingolder2, Big yin, matbic, maxsdad, yogibear, mygrassisblue, Sean, regnarts, Jammers 77, Debs, AdriaTwin, jennyp19, Mr Pickled, scaley, RichardP, Alshymer, Costers, vtwinner, davidm, Rong, Jaytee, Ericwalford, shaunr68, Polar Bear, Keith777, BarryNo1, diongr, Apollo 13, Motoroamer, GlendaCoe, Mickrick, carthago, Dads Train, mrs t, KenS, beaubowmore, TonyEmm, roddew, G and T,
Back