Driving/Country Roads.

No high roads for me

Oh! ye'll take the high road and
I'll take the low road,
And I'll be in Scotland afore ye;

- still works - at least for me :confused::eek::D:D

I agree but it would depend where I was going. I avoid the M62 like the plague from years of being stuck in traffic in a Lorry.
i hate motorways dont know if its through driving the van all the time but i would rather take the off the beaten track as to say, even if it takes a little longer .even when going to matlock i go through sheffield and then past chatsworth house never the m1

I take M-ways in Belgium: to get as fast if possible out off this ape-country ( but then I'm allways stuck between the trucks). :eek: In the Netherlands: no way (lanes are narrower and queus bigger), In Germany: no way (no speed limit, will allways be the slowest). In France: no way (could spend the money better than on péages). Italy and Spain: idem dito. Austria: no way (will not buy a sticker) same for Switzerland. :eek:
Where could I ever use a highway ??? :confused:
As long I have some time left, you'll find me on the B-roads :eek::D:D

I like single track roads in Scotland where you get into a rhythm with the constant laybyes on either side and they do work well and you get a nice wave (usually) and safe driving seems to be the norm.
However down here in Mongerland the boy racers would soon cause carnage, so I suggest we all get Cipro's monkey stuck in our back windows.:D:D:D

Tailgaters

Could this be the answer to get rid of tailgaters who seem to be hanging on my bike rack whilst moving carefully round bends on country roads:rolleyes:.

It,s my recently fitted double barrell slide out Cannons:eek::eek: and they are loaded with 20mm. armour piercing tracer rounds:eek::p:cool:

02012009089.jpg

Could this be the answer to get rid of tailgaters who seem to be hanging on my bike rack whilst moving carefully round bends on country roads:rolleyes:.

It,s my recently fitted double barrell slide out Cannons:eek::eek: and they are loaded with 20mm. armour piercing tracer rounds:eek::p:cool:

02012009089.jpg

Watch out Cipro's monkey............ finally a match:eek::eek:

driving

Just been to Scotland from Sheffield. m1, A1 then A68. (A68) What a crap road in the dark to take. Up hill, down dale, blind summits and idiot drivers wanting to overtake (day and night). Decided to come back the same route today, same drivers and testing road. One 4x4 on its roof, one car facing the wrong way burnt out against a tree up a one metre mound and then a car again facing the wrong way on the motorway. Perhaps they were all driving too fast! There was ice on the road in various places and I mean ice.

I lost count of the number of times I indicated to let others past with only a few taking up the offer. Perhaps they don't understand the gesture, many don't thank you! I therefore just go at my own speed, sod the rest.

Then there are the ones that pull out in front of you because you are a motorhome, then they slow you down or worse still hold you up.

As a side issue, called at Barrons old place(Darlington, now Discover). They have knocked many thousands of the prices of motorhomes if the screen prices are to believed. Bargins to be had for those without trade-ins I suspect.

Jon

icy roads

Telstar that reminds me of a rather well off gentleman I met.

He was complaining that his car did not stop on the icy corner where he wrote it off.
Could not understand it as he was driving a

very expensive Mecedes:rolleyes::rolleyes:

weez
Tony

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back