Dover Queues

1807truckman

Just set sail across to Europe in the car, the queues at Dover were taking around 1 1/2 hours to go through passport control, there was a separate lane for the coaches, some people were definitely going to miss their ferry, I checked on the Dover port website and the DFDS web site for delays etc and they said arrive 1 hour to 1 1/2 hours before departure, I only just made it having arrived over 1 1/2 hours before departure time, I was the last vehicle to be loaded. Silly season at Dover is here again.

But of course, it is what "we" wanted. But it will get busier in a week or so when the kids break up from school. It was bad enough before, but now we have to have proper passport checks, it will be headline news! And it will undoubtedly 🤣 ⛴️ 🤣 be the fault of the French!

But of course, it is what "we" wanted. But it will get busier in a week or so when the kids break up from school. It was bad enough before, but now we have to have proper passport checks, it will be headline news! And it will undoubtedly 🤣 ⛴️ 🤣 be the fault of the French!
Of course it's the fault of the French; they'd be much better if they had a phrase for raison d'etre ... And if you intend that it should be pronounced 'pan ash', it's stupid to spell it as pan ache' .... But I have the elan to rise above it, without having to buy a Lotus .... :ROFLMAO:

Steve

We all have a National Insurance number.

Not too much difference between that and a fingerprint as a means of identification, imho.

Fingerprint forgery is probably pretty difficult for the average crim, but maybe not entirely impossible?

Where there's a will there's a way... 🤷‍♀️

We all have a National Insurance number.

Not too much difference between that and a fingerprint as a means of identification, imho.

Fingerprint forgery is probably pretty difficult for the average crim, but maybe not entirely impossible?

Where there's a will there's a way... 🤷‍♀️
Where there's a Will, there's a solicitor preparing to raise an invoice for obtaining Probate ... :rolleyes:

Steve

or the remainers!

regardless of what is going on, Le Shuttle always appears to work as normal. Never ever (to date) had any issues.

Second that. Can also be fast, more that once off UK motorway and onto French one within an hour. Mind you that was not in the last 4/5 years.

I crossed via Dover yesterday, no real issues, arrived early in case of any delays, but none.

They put me on the earlier boat (The new Pioneer)
We`ve ditched P&O after what they did to their employees which was bloody disgusting 🤬

Now use Irish Ferries on the Dover - Calais route and they are great, admittedly the ferries are smaller and a little tired but the onboard staff ( mainly East European ) go out of their way to be friendly and helpful :)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back