Double floor leaks

Your first post you said the waste pipe had become disconnected from the waste tank

Its one tank. The waste from the shower and the toilet sink are fine. It is just the kitchen sink which has the problem. The leak does not appear to be near the tank as water is coming out away from the tank. The earlier idea of using a camera to find the break is one I need to follow.

But on this post you now say the leak is not near the tank

MM, having double floor myself, I guess water must be weeping out somewhere within Megs MH? Meg will confirm this, though.

Runnach I agree with you
I just wondered if the problem wasnt what Meg thought it was i/e it could be an easier fix maybe.

Like if I overfill my fresh water tank(which is awkwardly tucked behind kitchen drawers) it can overspill and run across stepped floor so wondering if its her (Is meg a her)Fresh tank rather than the waste tank

If you parked up on a tall kerb or slope with tank side up, ran the sink until the leak started. Turn tap off, wait until drops stop, gently reverse of kerb/slope back to level.....if started dripping again would this prove tank/pipe connection had failed :unsure::unsure::unsure:

Does any water get to the waste tank on emptying the sink? If no then I think it's safe to say you haven't got a split, if you can't hear it behind the sink I would then have to put my money on a failed jubilee clip or something similar where the pipe enters the tank
No idea. It probably is a joint or jubilee clip that has failed, but the question is - where?

Like if I overfill my fresh water tank(which is awkwardly tucked behind kitchen drawers) it can overspill and run across stepped floor so wondering if its her (Is meg a her)Fresh tank rather than the waste tank
Its not a problem with the fresh tank. Its def a problem with the kitchen sink waste. Water only escapes underneath when I empty the kitchen sink. My workaround has been to not empty the kitchen sink. If I can't empty the washing up bowl in a convienent hedge it goes down the bathroom sink. No escapee water from there.

If you parked up on a tall kerb or slope with tank side up, ran the sink until the leak started. Turn tap off, wait until drops stop, gently reverse of kerb/slope back to level.....if started dripping again would this prove tank/pipe connection had failed :unsure::unsure::unsure:
Thank you for that. I have proved that the connection has failed somewhere as water pours out underneath when any is put down the kitchen sink. I don't want to give more water the chance to seep out all under, weakening the lower floor.

Last edited:
sorry to hear of your troubles.....
no doulbt there will be many at the Kelso meet to offer opinions.
I see that Dicksons of Perth is probably your nearest Pilote dealer.....
might be worthwhile giving them a call.
hopefully it can be resolved without a (probably) expensive dealer repair.
or you could just use a plastic basin in the kitchen sink & fling water oot the door ;-)

sorry to hear of your troubles.....
no doulbt there will be many at the Kelso meet to offer opinions.
I see that Dicksons of Perth is probably your nearest Pilote dealer.....
might be worthwhile giving them a call.
hopefully it can be resolved without a (probably) expensive dealer repair.
or you could just use a plastic basin in the kitchen sink & fling water oot the door ;-)
Using a plastic basin and disposing by other means has been my workround. Hopefully I will be a bit further forward before Kelso.

Would it be possible to cut new hatch from under van then board over with new plywood and reseal

Would it be possible to cut new hatch from under van then board over with new plywood and reseal
Possibly, but I still need to find out where thr problem is. The sink is at the opposite side of tge van to the waste tank and it could be anywhere in the pipe run. Trying to source a suitable camera.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back