Double floor leaks

Biggarmac

The waste outlet from my sink has become disconnected from the waste tank. If I empty water down the kitchen sink it just floods out underneath the van. No problem with the waste from the toilet sink. The van has a double floor and there seems no way of finding where the leak is and getting to it to sort it. A few people have looked including a Caravan repair man. He had no knowledge of double floor vans and could not work out how to fix it.
The van is a 2007 Pilote Reference 695 on a Renault master chassis.
Any ideas?

I had similar on my double floor a Burstner. Luckily the repair man could identify fairly precisely where the leak was (basically right under the kitchen cupboard beneath the sink) so he drilled a neat, hand sized, circular hole, keeping the piece he drilled out. Put his hand through and fixed the leak then replaced the drilled out piece. Almost invisible.

You would think manufacturers would have some kind of duct for water pipes, wires and such, purely for maintenance and ease of access purposes. Hope leak is fixed soon.

Thats too easy as they dont build things like that these days to enable repairs.Which gets a little annoying and tests our patience.But where theres a Will Theres a way

WILLLLLLLLLLL are you there need your help.

Why not just feed some new pipe through to waste tank with a double floor cant be that hard although i do have a large clearance
Can't get to the waste tank either. Everything is sealed. The waste tank is below the fresh water tank under a seat base.

I'll see about getting a camera.

Are there two waste tanks i/e a seperate one for the bathroom?It seems strange the kitchen waste has become separated from the tank especially if its sealed in the inside floor? Only other way to go is a complete rebuild i/e a new waste tank under the van and new heavy duty pipework to it,if seperate waste tanks then you would only have to sort the kitchen waste side but if both sinks share a tank then a bigger problem to sort.You could leave the original tank where it is.This would be costly i appreciate BUT it seems your options are limited in fixing the leak without wrecking some of your motorhome.I genuinley feel for you.

keep us informed please

Are there two waste tanks i/e a seperate one for the bathroom?It seems strange the kitchen waste has become separated from the tank especially if its sealed in the inside floor? Only other way to go is a complete rebuild i/e a new waste tank under the van and new heavy duty pipework to it,if seperate waste tanks then you would only have to sort the kitchen waste side but if both sinks share a tank then a bigger problem to sort.You could leave the original tank where it is.This would be costly i appreciate BUT it seems your options are limited in fixing the leak without wrecking some of your motorhome.I genuinley feel for you.

keep us informed please
Its one tank. The waste from the shower and the toilet sink are fine. It is just the kitchen sink which has the problem. The leak does not appear to be near the tank as water is coming out away from the tank. The earlier idea of using a camera to find the break is one I need to follow.

Its one tank. The waste from the shower and the toilet sink are fine. It is just the kitchen sink which has the problem. The leak does not appear to be near the tank as water is coming out away from the tank. The earlier idea of using a camera to find the break is one I need to follow.

Ok shop around you may be able to get one cheaply.Last year I seem to remember Lidl selling them under the Car Section things.

Could it be unsealed to gain access?
The floor was laid on top of the walls of the hatch. Its built in rather than added. Not possible to gain access that way.
The build quality of the Pilote makes this a nightmare!

The floor was laid on top of the walls of the hatch. Its built in rather than added. Not possible to gain access that way.
The build quality of the Pilote makes this a nightmare!

It's not just Pilotes, Meg.

It seems all these builders take the quick and easy route when designing and constructing new vans.
Think we need more women designers on board! :devilish:

They seem to follow the standard 'scrap it when it breaks and buy a new one' philosophy which seems to apply to a lot of goods nowadays.

Sorry, I'm in grumpy old woman mode again, but these sorts of problems really get my goat, especially when we're being told we have to 'save the planet' all the time. Seems like the need to make a fast buck ad infinitum outweighs building things to last, or at least make them easily repairable!

Rant over... good luck fixing the leak 👍

Okay, may be a silly question but have you checked the pipe and connections before it goes under the floor? Water leaking would probably run along the pipe and appear elsewhere
I can't get to any of the pipe. It is all sealed behind fittings.

Okay, may be a silly question but have you checked the pipe and connections before it goes under the floor? Water leaking would probably run along the pipe and appear elsewhere

Yes Nabsim good point as water tends to find its own level so could be leaking somewhere else BUT appear to be in the sealed section.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back