Donegal traffic wardens

bit of a sweeping statement there!
Its may be sweeping but not ment as such,but many i come across do think they are above others,also many i speak to are the nicest folk on earth,watch the vid and you will get what im on about,he is letting the english down and being a right plonker,just the same as irish drunks let us down big time.

Agree Wooie he is totally across that footpath so what does he expect?An invitation to the Irish Guards ball? What a total beeb beep sorry cant use this language here!
To be fare, he did ask the TW if there was a problem, to which the TW answered, 'no problem at all'. The TW then waited for the blinds to close before putting a ticket on the windscreen. Pretty underhanded I would say.

To be fare, he did ask the TW if there was a problem, to which the TW answered, 'no problem at all'. The TW then waited for the blinds to close before putting a ticket on the windscreen. Pretty underhanded I would say.

But did he? considering these 2 have a camera out all the time I did not see any footage from the night before when he says they ran off and split or the irish van being warned . Also he says the 1st ticket was issued at 3.54 after they shut the curtains. So guess they shut the curtains before 3.54 and never went out the van again until the next morning? or the traffic wardens are that sneaky they made the ticket out at 3.54 and went back in the night to stick it on.

I’m English and spend a lot of time in Donegal. I bought an expensive ferry ticket this summer in the hope of going there In August. But as we are not yet on the Irish Green list, and friends there are rather afraid at the moment, we felt it better and more respectful not to go into ROI at all - especially with GB plates. A campervan is not something you can give a two week address for, to satisfy the Irish rules. I’m not surprised at the reaction. Going into ROI without a two week permanent address isn’t allowed. The folk there are sooo lovely and must be having a really difficult job reacting to this kind of situation.
Btw, We had a lovely holiday in Northern Ireland instead!

I would not believe a word of what he says.
Makes for good you tubing in my honest opinion, and that’s all this guy is interested in.

I’m English and spend a lot of time in Donegal. I bought an expensive ferry ticket this summer in the hope of going there In August. But as we are not yet on the Irish Green list, and friends there are rather afraid at the moment, we felt it better and more respectful not to go into ROI at all - especially with GB plates. A campervan is not something you can give a two week address for, to satisfy the Irish rules. I’m not surprised at the reaction. Going into ROI without a two week permanent address isn’t allowed. The folk there are sooo lovely and must be having a really difficult job reacting to this kind of situation.
Btw, We had a lovely holiday in Northern Ireland instead!
Don't take this as a defence of that couple, but from what I can gather they have actually been in ROI since BEFORE this pandemic arrived, so pose no greater risk than any other Irish Resident.

Don't take this as a defence of that couple, but from what I can gather they have actually been in ROI since BEFORE this pandemic arrived, so pose no greater risk than any other Irish Resident.
That applies to anyone after 14 days.
But when you have a right to be somewhere and the right to film people then put it online, against their wishes, you have right. This idiot knows all about his apparent rights, and does not give a dam about common decency.

He was a making very dramatic issue to boost viewers on his YouTube channel. He didn’t make a very dramatic issue about his terrible parking.

Watching some youtube this morning and because I watched Travel Trolls previously, I end up with lots of their videos in the 'recommended' area.

How can one couple have so much apparent "Drama" everywhere they go?

I guess the more drama the more people watch their youtube channel, they're actually making a living at this, like so many other van life youtubers.
They promote responsible waste disposal, and cassette emptying. They try to park in the correct places and generally manage it. There inability to do anything van wise is hilarious, I really don't believe they're that stupid, again sells there channel. I'm not sure why people are so negative about them?

that is my understanding at a high level.
Basically you need a certain level of subscribers and views before your videos are "monetized".
However if you have certain things in a video (e.g. Copyrighted music) it gets "de-monetized".
If you ARE in the money-earning category, when Youtube shows an advert, you get a share of the revenue Youtube earned from, the advertiser, but only if advert is allowed to play for at least a minimum time (which I think is 10 seconds).
As an aside, Youtube is owned by Google (well, actually Alphabet) and they control and manipulate all this to Youtube Creators to maximise their (Youtubes) profits. Just the same as they frequently do to sites showing Google Adverts, and will often cancel a sites revenue rights just before a payout (they did this to me a few years ago and you have no right to appeal).

because of all these variations, the only people who know how much a channel earns is Youtube and the channel themselves. One thing for sure, it is not as much as people imagine!
Here is the info for TravelTrolls - https://socialblade.com/youtube/channel/UCd2_Z8IE9V2THqtdzNVQsIg
View attachment 85972
At a guess, I would think it will be significantly towards the lower range as most people skip ads (I certainly do!) and Youtube randomly de-monetize a channel for no reason.
So some handy pocket money for sure, but not an income.

I don't think earning any kind of living from Youtube is very commonplace at all and for individials is pretty well limited to people who actually put a hell of a lot of work into the videos or happen to hit a certain sweetspot (like the 6 year old whose parents post toy reviews).

Awwww I was thinking of earning a bob or two as well by starting a toilet emptying channel on there as well that`s gone down the pan then , Thanks for the info I thought they was earning a nice amount for pretty junk and daft videos of what I have seen at least the video of him trying to justify why a ticket was not needed even though it clearly was ha made enough to pay the ticket I suppose Oh hang on how very lucky that he thought of putting up a video to show the ticket episode knowing it would probably raise the funds to pay for said ticket GGrrrrrrr.

I had a very nice experience in Donegal a number of years ago, I parked the van in a normal bay, placed the invalid badge in the window and went looking for an invalid bay that I could fit into, admitted I was stuck out further out than the rest of the other vehicles, when I got back I had a parking ticket for being too long for the bay and just to prove his point the ticket was placed directly in front of the invalid badge, took it to the council offices along with a photo of the ticket on the windscreen, the ticket was cancelled and they were utterly disgusted.
I had obviously come across a "DONEGAL DICKHEAD".

Parking wardens in the north are 10 time worse,i know i have been fighting with them from april,not giving up,NEVER. (y)

I wish all the Donegal traffic wardens the very best of health and may they have a very long life and I hope their balls turn square and there willy's drop off:devilish::devilish:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back