Donegal traffic wardens

mikejay

My wife watches the Travel Trolls on youtube and she told me to watch this video I can see both sides he should not be over the foot path. But if it's true what they say strange why the traffic wardens waited to ticket them after they closed the curtains and not ticket the Irish van.

Mike

May be the sub plot is that they are peed off with the English exploiting the loophole to avoid the 2 week quarantine in roi by coming over the Northern Irish border and potentially bringing covid into their area.

If that happened where I lived it would get my goat too.

Reactions: 2cv
Well he was blocking the footpath I,m surprised that they didn,t just ask him to move but he doesn,t come across as a very approachable type of person and TW,s aren,t employed to have a friendly caring nature

Serves him right, that`s just plain bloody arrogant to park that far across a footpath.

If it was across a void then fair enough but it`s not it`s a footpath for pedestrians to walk safely along.
Have to agree with you. No different to the street next to mine where a householders hedge was encrouching onto the footpath preventing my daughter walking on the path with my grandson in a buggy.
I had a word with the owner who said he would trim the hedge, 2 weeks later still the same so I contacted the council and low and behold the hedge was trimmed 2 days later. I can only presume he was contacted by the council who told him to get it sorted.

Wardens in both n & south are like snakes hiding in the bushes,im fighting one now,however if you or he had kept his gob shut and drove on they cannot inforce the ticket and would have let him of,sorry but english att stinks with know it all back chat,sorry folks its what i see.

My wife watches the Travel Trolls on youtube and she told me to watch this video I can see both sides he should not be over the foot path. But if it's true what they say strange why the traffic wardens waited to ticket them after they closed the curtains and not ticket the Irish van.

Mike

Used to watch these guys but he sooo gets on my nerves. Dont get me started on him.He will do any footage for some youtube hits.

Serves him right, that`s just plain bloody arrogant to park that far across a footpath.

If it was across a void then fair enough but it`s not it`s a footpath for pedestrians to walk safely along.

Agree Wooie he is totally across that footpath so what does he expect?An invitation to the Irish Guards ball? What a total beeb beep sorry cant use this language here!

Reading a similar thread on motorhomecraic, this person seems to have a previous run in with the Irish authorities. Many vans and cars in N. Ireland have English registration plates as there is no requirement to replate if brought into N. Ireland. I find that as many as 2 in 5 vehicles here have GB plates. This has certainly lead to some confusion in the ROI who assume all English (GB) plates are supposed to quarantine. Other posters on the craic thread with GB plates have found the wardens to be approachable. I have not watched the video but he doesn’t get much sympathy from those who have. Without input from the Irish plated van it is difficult to make a sensible pronouncement on his situation.

Davy

I don’t understand why he feels he should have to be told not to park over a foot path, surely he has enough sense to work it out himself, and if he hasn’t he now has two parking tickets to remind him

More youtube views = more money for them to continue their fulltime touring as this is their Jobs they dont work otherwise. Last year he started a Gofundme page and filmed for youtube walking Lands End to John o Groats,for her father who was ill.(in theory)He never even managed halfway before throwing in the towel.He used to do metal detecting on Youtube now they do motorhoming. Anything for an income from youtube and other social media.

I said to my missus if they seen the wardens around taking pictures and warning an irish van off why close the curtains. Like others said he films everything but has no evidence of the irish van getting warned. Own fault for parking right across the path.

If the wardens where asking Irish vans to move think we would of thought it odd and a bit racist they were not asking English vans to move. Come across this before in other countries. Best to move perhaps even leave !!!

I have usually found if you approach traffic wardens and explain that you are struggling to find a suitable place to park they will work with you and help you out, I have had to do this many times when having to deliver to places where it is double yellow lines, except in London, where a few months ago I had a small package to deliver to a bank down in the city, and it was red lines everywhere, I asked a warden who was watching me, I explained that I would be less than 5 minutes, and he said to me leave it there I will give you 10 minutes, less than 5 minuets later I came out and he was just putting a ticket on my screen, when I asked why he just smiled at me and said, you can’t park there and walked off

When we were between houses and living in the MH, the local traffic warden turned a blind eye to us overnighting in the village car park. It helped that he was a campervanner I guess?

Depends I suppose on how you approach them.In the video attached Dan the Youtube Troll man was rude from the start of his conversations with the Irish Wardens.If you want respect then give respect.Wont always work as the warden may have climbed out of the wrong side of bed that morning but its the way to go.

Dan does come across as a bit of a plonker, flatly refusing to see that his parking would restrict a wheelchair or pram, plus his choice of a smaller bay when larger bays were available.
There are many many youtubers who sole reisen d'etre seems to be to thrust a camera into people faces, be they police, bailiffs, wardens or joe public, knowing full well that it will cause a reaction, then they become like jumped up lawyers spouting off 'their rights'.

Irritating little pricks imho.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back