Dirty cassette dumpers in Aberystwyth

Whilst I wholeheartedly applaud the OP and the intentions a story and a reg number is not proof.

Disgusted but not surprised. New breed of campers buying up all sorts of vehicles and they have not got a clue. One of the Facebook Forums had someone asking urgently what to do with a full cassette as they were parked up not on a campsite. There is also a risk to Public Health from human waste. COVID

We were going to go to Stonehenge until someone on this forum told SWMBO that you have to get INVENTIVE with the toilet waste. Not the response you should give to a Nurse with a Degree in Public Health.

I do agree with you regarding grey waste, but to the public it simply looks bad.
Most of the CLS I have visited tell us to dump our grey waste in the grass or a hedge. It’s all about perceptions, and to the uniformed dumping grey waste is on a par with dumpling black waste. But like you I would not bother if I witnessed someone doing so.
You'll have to get a grip of that pretictive text of yours. I've now got a vision of faeces dumplings and only being allowed to empty grey waste in my nurses uniform.:)

The current owners bought this van in March 2017, so they are not inexperienced.
I noted that it’s registered not as a camper but simply a van.
Excuse my ignorance but I don’t know if that is normal.
The rules that are in place with DVLA currently means that it is nigh on impossible for a van like that to get reclassified as a Motor Caravan. However I would say that putting that aside, it IS a conversion and a full one. LPG sticker on the rear door; EHU and Water Fill points on the side. (That is VERY rare on a VW Camper Conversion and usually points to a 'professional' conversion. (We usually put the EHU under the bonnet in 99% of cases).
May have bought the van in '17 to get it converted so could well be on their first trip?
But .... I would think it wouldn't matter if first trip away or 101st trip away, anyone with ANY sense of decency would not do that!

You'll have to get a grip of that pretictive text of yours. I've now got a vision of faeces dumplings and only being allowed to empty grey waste in my nurses uniform.:)

Predictive not pretictive, maybe you should get a grip of yours mate
Your predictive text that is, not the nurses uniform. :)

Last edited:
The LPG sticker looks very faded, so it's probably not a recent conversion. The DVLA started to toughen up on their conversion policy in the early teens, but it's only in the last year or two that they've really clamped down. I've built two vans and both where accepted as conversions, the last one in 2017, but I don't think they would be if I tried to register them now.

The facts, as reported are that a couple witnessed one or more van occupants emptying a toilet casset which presumably contained urine and or poo. They confronted the person responsible so must be able to confirm what was being emptied. If it was as suspected then there is certainly an offence against local bylaws and national law. If the witnesses feel so strongly as described. Should they not stand up and be counted, inform the local environmental health and police, make a witness statement and be prepared to attend Court to support any prosecution. I would happily do so and I hope others would too.

Cannot tell on folk here or you may end up on crutches for remainder of you life,thats if lucky.

as an aside to this subject,, last week i found a site between towyn and barmouth,right next to a shingle beach which was ideal for an overnight stop.there were two caravans already there who were regulars at the site and at about 8.30pm a4x4 pickup with atrailer and a quad turn up and proceed to build a bonfire RIGHT ON THE SHINGLE from what seemed to be old mdf stuff.they hung around and then buggered off and left it burning.the next morning the remains of the fire contained melted glass and some metal framing .a disgrace.

Attachments

• IMG_6052 (2).jpg
    IMG_6052 (2).jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 148
  • 20200914_123729.jpg
    20200914_123729.jpg
    717.7 KB · Views: 152
  • 20200914_124432.jpg
    20200914_124432.jpg
    422.6 KB · Views: 143
What a shame they didn't video the people actually doing this then going back to the van. Then it would of been worth reporting it and sticking it on as many social media platforms as possible. Name and shame is the best way in my opinion.
Maybe councils etc would see that we are trying to police our lifestyle and stop scum like that...
Yes, it is a shame, but it all happened so quickly, by the time they realised what was going on and got out of their own van, it was too late to start filming.

I doubt it was a cassette but more than likely a porta potty.
Surely, that difference is totally irrelevant. What a nit-picking comment!!! :unsure:
It was a container from a toilet, containing human waste. Just as bad whether it came out of a cassette or a porta-potty. The whole point is that the people from that vehicle were actually seen emptying it out. :mad: :poop::mad::poop::mad:

They ought to be reported but the snag is that would alert who ever they where reported to of the incident.

Oh an its not my van an I've not been in Wales for at least 20 yrs
Yes, it's a difficult one. The knowledge of the incident then gives the council more ammunition in their case to ban all motorhomes from the area.

If this is true it should be reported to the appropriate authorities. But as usual its second hand news. It’s always a friend or a guy I know who seen it. Could it be the person who seen it had a grievance with the VW owner? If I was to witness such an act i would be reaching for my phone to get evidence but yet again it was a friend who witnessed it. 🤷‍♂️
Yes, it is true. It was witnessed by a close, reliable friend, who immediately called me to share their disbelief, indignation and rage at what they'd just seen. Not some vague guy known by a friend of a friend.
They had never set eyes on the van or the people in it ever before, so no grievance except for seeing them dump the waste from their loo.
Also, are you sure that you could get out of your van, check out what was going in and reach for your phone, turn it on, select your camera and start filming before they had stopped emptying it?
It's easy to make a critical comment after the fact, but most people don't expect to see such a thing happening, especially in such a place in such close proximity to others, so wouldn't be armed with a switched on camera at all times.

Yes, it is true. It was witnessed by a close, reliable friend, who immediately called me to share their disbelief, indignation and rage at what they'd just seen. Not some vague guy known by a friend of a friend.
They had never set eyes on the van or the people in it ever before, so no grievance except for seeing them dump the waste from their loo.
Also, are you sure that you could get out of your van, check out what was going in and reach for your phone, turn it on, select your camera and start filming before they had stopped emptying it?
It's easy to make a critical comment after the fact, but most people don't expect to see such a thing happening, especially in such a place in such close proximity to others, so wouldn't be armed with a switched on camera at all times.

You know as much as this is a disgusting act, the fact that so many on here have responded with anger and despair sums us up for what we really are.
Also could you imagine such reaction to people letting their dogs crap all over that same carpark, and dog faeces are far more harmful to health than human.
Particularly if the dog has not been wormed. Sadly we are always on the defensive, aware that such behaviour reflects poorly on us all. Its one rule for us and another for others who abuse such locations.

You know as much as this is a disgusting act, the fact that so many on here have responded with anger and despair sums us up for what we really are.
Also could you imagine such reaction to people letting their dogs crap all over that same carpark, and dog faeces are far more harmful to health than human.
Particularly if the dog has not been wormed. Sadly we are always on the defensive, aware that such behaviour reflects poorly on us all. Its one rule for us and another for others who abuse such locations.
The reaction to people letting their dogs crap all over the carpark is an £80 fine or up to £1000 if taken to magistrates court🤷‍♂️🐺💩

The reaction to people letting their dogs crap all over the carpark is an £80 fine or up to £1000 if taken to magistrates court🤷‍♂️🐺💩
How could it be proven, a chap i deal with was seen with dog doing its biz and a warden went to him to give a ticket, he just walked for miles round the beach head and over rocks so the warden gave up, later he got his son to take him back to car park to get his car, impossible to police unless you give name and address.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back