Dirty cassette dumpers in Aberystwyth

Hawthorn

Just got back from a lovely few days at Aberystwyth. We were lucky enough to park in one of the four dedicated "caravan" bays at the harbour for a couple of nights. We were dismayed to hear that certain locals and councillors were campaigning to get motorhomes banned and that there had even been an article on BBC news about it last week.
We got home yesterday and our friends who were still there called us last night. They were in a state of disbelief mixed with rage, because they had caught a couple (van pictured below) in the act of emptying their toilet cassette over the wall at the back of the parking bays, down between the wall and the back of the harbour master's office. They challenged them, but couldn't get out there quickly enough to stop them before they did they completed the dastardly deed. They told them in no uncertain terms exactly what they thought of them. The guilty parties then quickly decided not to stay the night after all, took down their silver-screens and cleared off
FB_IMG_1600764171793.jpg
Does anyone know whose van this is?
It's scum like this gets all of us a bad name and provides fuel for those campaigning to get motorhomes banned in the area.

What a shame they didn't video the people actually doing this then going back to the van. Then it would of been worth reporting it and sticking it on as many social media platforms as possible. Name and shame is the best way in my opinion.
Maybe councils etc would see that we are trying to police our lifestyle and stop scum like that...

They ought to be reported but the snag is that would alert who ever they where reported to of the incident.

Oh an its not my van an I've not been in Wales for at least 20 yrs

Just got back from a lovely few days at Aberystwyth. We were lucky enough to park in one of the four dedicated "caravan" bays at the harbour for a couple of nights. We were dismayed to hear that certain locals and councillors were campaigning to get motorhomes banned and that there had even been an article on BBC news about it last week.
We got home yesterday and our friends who were still there called us last night. They were in a state of disbelief mixed with rage, because they had caught a couple (van pictured below) in the act of emptying their toilet cassette over the wall at the back of the parking bays, down between the wall and the back of the harbour master's office. They challenged them, but couldn't get out there quickly enough to stop them before they did they completed the dastardly deed. They told them in no uncertain terms exactly what they thought of them. The guilty parties then quickly decided not to stay the night after all, took down their silver-screens and cleared offView attachment 86775.
It's scum like this gets all of us a bad name and provides fuel for those campaigning to get motorhomes banned in the area.

Quite frankly my contempt for these scumbags knows no bounds.
But posting their reg may contravene some obscure law.
But well done for doing so.
Also your anger, your friends anger, and my anger only goes to show the better side of our community which far outweighs scum like this. As much as I detest what they did, I still don’t support any action taken against us. There are many other abuses taking place in car parks that never leads to other groups from being banned. Also can I commend your friends for what they did, I would also have done so myself.

Last edited:
I've been following the nc500 the land weeps group on Facebook. It's full of outrage and anti wild camper stuff. No surprise when you see stuff like this. It only takes a few to tar us all sadly. It deeply saddens and angers me when I think how hard the members of this community have tried to be good wilders and respect the places we use.

What to be done though?

If this is true it should be reported to the appropriate authorities. But as usual its second hand news. It’s always a friend or a guy I know who seen it. Could it be the person who seen it had a grievance with the VW owner? If I was to witness such an act i would be reaching for my phone to get evidence but yet again it was a friend who witnessed it. 🤷‍♂️

We got home yesterday and our friends who were still there called us last night. They were in a state of disbelief mixed with rage, because they had caught a couple (van pictured below) in the act of emptying their toilet cassette over the wall at the back of the parking bays, down between the wall and the back of the harbour master's office. They challenged them, but couldn't get out there quickly enough to stop them before they did they completed the dastardly deed. They told them in no uncertain terms exactly what they thought of them. The guilty parties then quickly decided not to stay the night after all, took down their silver-screens and cleared offView attachment 86775.
Should or mabe easily traced as allot of these type of campers are registered on VW forums.

Cant accept that - if anyone knows him i would suggest dumping toilet waste from cassette in his property - quite happy putting hand in grey waste so personally dont have problem with seeing people do it - black waste totally different - person is an idiot - ruins it for everyone

Cant accept that - if anyone knows him i would suggest dumping toilet waste from cassette in his property - quite happy putting hand in grey waste so personally dont have problem with seeing people do it - black waste totally different - person is an idiot - ruins it for everyone

I do agree with you regarding grey waste, but to the public it simply looks bad.
Most of the CLS I have visited tell us to dump our grey waste in the grass or a hedge. It’s all about perceptions, and to the uniformed dumping grey waste is on a par with dumpling black waste. But like you I would not bother if I witnessed someone doing so.

I do agree with you regarding grey waste, but to the public it simply looks bad.
Most of the CLS I have visited tell us to dump our grey waste in the grass or a hedge. It’s all about perceptions, and to the uniformed dumping grey waste is on a par with dumpling black waste. But like you I would not bother if I witnessed someone doing so.
Yes you're right and i should of said grey waste discretely not a problem but looks bad to people who dont know

The current owners bought this van in March 2017, so they are not inexperienced.
I noted that it’s registered not as a camper but simply a van.
Excuse my ignorance but I don’t know if that is normal.

Still think this is a dangerous path to tread....

I wasn't there and seems No direct witness....

IF there were Photographs of it actually happening then fair enough and probably enough evidence for prosecution...

But there doesn't appear to be that evidence so far.

Still think this is a dangerous path to tread....

I wasn't there and seems No direct witness....

IF there were Photographs of it actually happening then fair enough and probably enough evidence for prosecution...

But there doesn't appear to be that evidence so far.

I tend to agree.
Not that I am doubting the validity of what was posted.
But including the reg may be illegal in the circumstances.

Firm believer in dont do to others what you would not like to be done to yourself - black waste you can keep

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back