Dimensions of solar panel to fit on 5.4m van

The output you get from a given panel depends on how far North you are, and the time of year.

I developed this guide a few years ago, may be of use.

solar output.jpg

You now have to think covid rules as we all line up at meets. Manage ment like doors faceing priorty. we like faceing solar longer faceing south please Especially if we tilt.
Point us to the sun. Good graph above

I'm in the two solar seasons 200w panel summer and extra 2 place on top temp over hanging panels in winter if away for a 3day -5day . As I use van as, my go to work van, 300miles a week. why have the extra weight 30kg all year round. ?

Wildebus got me a great victron solar controller. What showed 208 and 197watts from 2x100watt cheap panles once when batteries were very low this year

Only phil needs a min 1700w all year round. But he ant leisure only.

But this is only for my xmas lights
It really is unique to each person, I need six times your today reading each day just to stand still 👍

Agree with the multiple panel solution it may look a little untidy but when a little shade can take out a whole panel it makes sense to spread the harvest area , another +1 for David ( wildebus) he speaks electrickery & will tailor an individual solution for your requirements giving you more control & readings good bloke at good prices

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back