Diesel van heater

Thats good because red seems to make home oil burners a tad dirty compared to 28 sec,though you do get a fraction more heat .

Been there had the t shirt.
I remember as a teenager laying under folks cars changing clutches for a £100 in one foot of snow in a t shirt, to 1 in the morning, i kid you not.
You remind me of Lombard rac 1987 changing the clutch on an Estelle in the snow on the side of road heading to kielder/grisedale
22years old and can still feel the heat from the car and the cold from the snow 🤣good times but I wouldn’t do it now and because it was a privateers car we just got our food and lodgings No Pay 🤣

You remind me of Lombard rac 1987 changing the clutch on an Estelle in the snow on the side of road heading to kielder/grisedale
22years old and can still feel the heat from the car and the cold from the snow 🤣good times but I wouldn’t do it now and because it was a privateers car we just got our food and lodgings No Pay 🤣

That takes me back to watching the Kielder stages as we were staying in Otterburn....
Still love watching now.

87 was my first year as mechanic but only did it two years before trading up to a marshal
Loved the group b cars , lancia Audi metro 6r4 ford 200 Peugeot 205 and really enjoyed the old classics ie mk2 lotus cortinas and old BMW’s, it lost all the sparkle for me when they started charging an arm and a leg to to into a forest to watch or to stand in the grass at a stately home with thousands of others

I just watched that YouTube vid tonight... It's going to solve a lot of problems with water heating in conversions.
I will be ordering one of these in the new year
I've often wondered why they didn't make one it's a compact unit and didn't sound to noisy either. After you've got it let us know how it preforms

Pulls a lot of juice when turned up though eh? Wonder how that compares to an Eber combined air and water

Without the hot air blower the water heater was 265 watt on startup and 44 watt continuous

Alf

Pulls a lot of juice when turned up though eh? Wonder how that compares to an Eber combined air and water

Without the hot air blower the water heater was 265 watt on startup and 44 watt continuous

Alf
I stopped watching about the half way point when he had thermal camera out. I did see on low setting it was down very low on amps before that. Did he give an estimate on how long to heat a tank of water later on?

Don’t know I did not watch it.
Alf

I stopped watching about the half way point when he had thermal camera out. I did see on low setting it was down very low on amps before that. Did he give an estimate on how long to heat a tank of water later on?

A guy on motorhomefun has just completed an install of one of these heaters...https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/installing-diesel-heater-in-autotrail-chieftain.209383/....hope it's ok to add this link.

regards
Allen

I have but it use,s to mutch power after a while it cuts out . is there a way to hook it up to two batteries

It looks like you have a poor battery perhaps get it tested.When you start your heater have the engine running the high amps at start up will be from your alternator give it a few minutes and turn engine off. If you are running it from your leisure battery the same applies if the voltage drops to 10,5 v the heater will cut out.

Alf
I have but it use,s to mutch power after a while it cuts out . is there a way to hook it up to two batteries

sounds about right ,on battery alone it comes up fault e-01 thanks .how do i connect two batteries what amps wire ?

I thought that but it’s elsewhere in the thread post 46 on page 2.
Alf 46 is a quote from my post at 45 if you got to Motorhomefun which is the unit that Wints spoke of its just a air heater

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back