Diesel Prices France

Thank you, we are in Holland and it varies between €179.9 & €203.9 on motorways.
Home next week so will arrive empty.
Luxembourg was €4.61, £1.25 I filled up.

On way to Poland paid €1.79 in Holland & €1.69 in Germany, I am currently on a free trial of the Tomtom Go app think it's £20 for the year if I end buying it what I really like about it is it you shows you the fuel prices on route, so you can plan a cheap fuel stop not far off a motorway, so far it's been spot on noticed a big variation in prices not just on motorways either, app has probably paid for itself already.

www.Fuelflash.eu very useful.
Easy to use covers Europe saved me a fortune in Spain this trip most places were around 1.45 yet I always managed to find one locally at 1.25 = £1.07
You can also look at other places and see what what prices are.

i also use fuelflash to plan my routes but i am becoming more reliant on the petrol feature on google maps seems more up to date & take me there feature works well too ie this is nantes price is petrol click on station to get best diesel price €1:82 equivalent to £1:56 here , fuelflash.eu shows cheapest deisel at super U €1:78
IMG_1614.png

Attachments

• IMG_1615.png
    IMG_1615.png
    4.5 MB · Views: 29
In the big picture, how much is this "extra" cost going to have. I go to North Spain and back with possibly 3/4 fills, so extra cost no big deal.

Gob smacked at the price of Gasoil in France. I fill Demi at the ASDA, near Newhaven @ £1.51 ( euro 1.77). The price I've seen today are around euro 1.91. Might be worth your while leaving the UK with full tanks.
ALWAYS!!

We've been paying around €1.85 per litre here in Germany.

A thing to note is that to avoid a French windfall tax, Total have agreed to cap all their fuel prices to no more than €1.99.

Which makes them the cheapest of the French motorway service areas network. Others are charging €2.20.

We were puzzled when filling up that premium Excellium diesel was the same price as the standard stuff so did the obvious and filled up with premium. Later research explained why as set out above.

In fact Total stations off the motorway network are not charging much more than supermarkets so something to watch out for if branded fuel is your thing.

As a conversion at the exchange rate we got on our currency cash card that works out at £1.74 per litre for premium diesel on a motorway which is not so bad.

As an update just filled at at a Hyper U and diesel was €1.80 =. £1.54 per litre.

Don’t know how this compares to the U.K. but maybe French diesel prices could now be favourable.

Reactions: GMJ
Sounds like. Diesel was £1.64 ppl in Tesco in Carmarthen on Sunday when I filled the car up. The local Texaco was £1.63.

Today in France it’s well over 2 euros and 2.28 at one garage on motorway, even super U was 1.97

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back