Diesel Prices France

€1.477 in Santander yesterday before we caught the ferry, around £1.28. We arrived in Spain 7 weeks ago with an empty tank and coming home with a full one. In the grand scheme of things it does not make a huge difference but if you can play the game without going out of your way, why not.

£1.55 at Tesco A14 Kettering, not quite France but just to give perspective
Working on Friday's High Street € currency rate, that gives around €1.74 equivalent, so not a great difference. Local Morrisons Diesel £1.578, so €1.77 equivalent

Steve

Last edited:
Closer to Netherlands than France but a couple of BP stations I regularly pass near Hull docks have been almost £1.69 for a couple of weeks. BP does tend to be the dearest in Hull for some reason though

BP seem to always be a few p more than other places local to them.

I’ve recently paid as much as £1.96 a few times up in Norway and yesterday in Germany £1.53.2

to me, the price is what it is, and there‘s no point getting concerned. it needs to be obtained and so be it.

BP seem to always be a few p more than other places local to them.

I’ve recently paid as much as £1.96 a few times up in Norway and yesterday in Germany £1.53.2

to me, the price is what it is, and there‘s no point getting concerned. it needs to be obtained and so be it.
I agree with what you’re saying.
While I’m also of the opinion that the price is the price, so if I want it, I’m willing to pay for it.
But the reason I posted this in the first place, was to point out that, filling at the ASDA near Newhaven, if you need fuel, you’d save a little bit of cash. From memory, I had under half a tank full, and I’d need to refuel within a little while, so filling up here would give me an idea of comparative pricing.
Travelling into Spain from France, I would try to get into Spain to fuel up, even if it meant a splash and dash. The amount of tax on diesel being that much greater in France.
Each to their own.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back