Delicas... some vehicles......

Mine was an L300 and very stable off road.

DSC_0025[1].jpg

The 470 and 500 are the length in cm.
Handling can be much improved by better (gas) shocks front and rear.
on my 470 I have also improved handling by uprating the rear springs significantly.
mpg is not good but you can always run a 50:50 mix of veg oil.
The jb470 and jb500 are based on the L300 truck cab, with axle over spring unlike the mpv L300 which is spring over axle configuration.
They are too top heavy for serious off road, but fantastic as an all road machine, especially snow with 4wd low range engaged.

The 470 and 500 are the length in cm.
Handling can be much improved by better (gas) shocks front and rear.
on my 470 I have also improved handling by uprating the rear springs significantly.
mpg is not good but you can always run a 50:50 mix of veg oil.
The jb470 and jb500 are based on the L300 truck cab, with axle over spring unlike the mpv L300 which is spring over axle configuration.
They are too top heavy for serious off road, but fantastic as an all road machine, especially snow with 4wd low range engaged.

I think the L200/L300 confusion is, while most L200 are pick ups, it is also available as a cab and chassis which shares many if not most of it's parts with the L300 cab and chassis. As you say, very different from the van/mpv versions even if they look the same.

i have just spent about half an hour working out how to do this... so good...i did it twice !! This photo was taken in Roaring Water Bay in Cork very close to Jeremy irons castle. The above small ketch was his yacht being put back into the water and i took loads of photos of the process. when he arrived too late to see the launch i got chatting to him and offered him some of my piccies... He offered me hospitality and took me to his castle where i spent an unforgettable 4 hour personal guided tour and after noon tea... an extraordinary building and p;roject. https://jeremyirons.net/category/kilcoe-castle/

Last edited:
where's your snorkel ?
The air filter sits in a large air trap in the bulk head behind the drivers seat, so can wade up
WP_20171016_22_58_09_Pro (1).jpg
to about 500mm depth, I did think about connecting it into the chassis and putting an intake grill up near the gutter behind the drivers door but by the time I'd lift it 4" and put 31" wheels on it stood 5" taller so didn't bother, plus I was never going to have water coming over my windscreen like my other 4X4's

This was my favourite,

024[2] (2).jpg

Last edited:
have you got the link to that please ?
found it

having read the spec on it.... i am amazed he is describing the same vehicle!!! you do have to fly to portugal to view it though ....... still it is encouraging that the price is what it is... if i ever sell mine then i will probably make a few thousand on it.... but ... thinks... i have already spent a few thousand on it !!!

found it

having read the spec on it.... i am amazed he is describing the same vehicle!!! you do have to fly to portugal to view it though ....... still it is encouraging that the price is what it is... if i ever sell mine then i will probably make a few thousand on it.... but ... thinks... i have already spent a few thousand on it !!!

He won't get that price unless someone has more money than sense (they are out there), I think its been on ebay for 6 months or more. If people spend 10K on a vehicle they want it back but unfortunately that's not how it works. In fairness though, if he is in no rush to sell then I don't blame him for trying. Your basic model (not including any mods you may have made) will hold its price for sure, might make a few grand on it as its sought after (don't know what you paid), one was sold just before xmas in less than 24hrs on ebay for 16K and the chap that sold me mine had 4 people interested in under 24hrs, one of which wanted to pay the deposit before viewing, I was very fortunate that I spotted it the evening he put it on and drove up to view it in the morning and paid the deposit immediately :)

Still dont understand the reasoning behind spending so much time and effort and money on modifying a vehicle that wont handle any reasonable degree of side slope.
Its just basic physics - our Delicas are too top heavy for anything more than about 25 degrees (more than adequate for normal roads and semi rough terrain).
My landrover is ok up to 45 degree side slope (although I would have baled out long before!!).

Still dont understand the reasoning behind spending so much time and effort and money on modifying a vehicle that wont handle any reasonable degree of side slope.
Its just basic physics - our Delicas are too top heavy for anything more than about 25 degrees (more than adequate for normal roads and semi rough terrain).
My landrover is ok up to 45 degree side slope (although I would have baled out long before!!).
I plan to try and lift mine a little, whether that's just with increased tyre walls and/or a suspension modification I am unsure yet.

He won't get that price unless someone has more money than sense (they are out there), I think its been on ebay for 6 months or more. If people spend 10K on a vehicle they want it back but unfortunately that's not how it works. In fairness though, if he is in no rush to sell then I don't blame him for trying. Your basic model (not including any mods you may have made) will hold its price for sure, might make a few grand on it as its sought after (don't know what you paid), one was sold just before xmas in less than 24hrs on ebay for 16K and the chap that sold me mine had 4 people interested in under 24hrs, one of which wanted to pay the deposit before viewing, I was very fortunate that I spotted it the evening he put it on and drove up to view it in the morning and paid the deposit immediately :)

who wants to fly to portugal to look at a vehicle?

The guy is obviously trying to pass it off as an expedition ready vehicle ..it’s very rare you recover your expenses spent on accessories

i paid £10500 for mine but have spent a few thousand on it... but dont want to get rid of it

Compared with some of the 4x4 MH's on mobile.de, it may be a bit on the high side, but not by much. Seems these types of vehicles go for much more in Germany.
What they actually sell for I have no idea, they don't mind asking top dollar though.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back