Dash cam....headache!

Debs

I've been researching dash cams on't Tinterweb, have looked at loads, and read so many reviews, that my head is full of pain:pc: Any one got any good recommends of any dash cams, without breaking the bank and doesn’t have reliability issues. :bow:

Got an Ipad/android tablet .....quite a few decent free dash cam apps out there that are pretty well specced .

I got a cheap one from Lidl for £29.99... an impulse buy, so I didn't have an opportunity to over-think it! I'm impressed with it. I then discovered that a friend paid around £150 to have virtually the same one installed in her car with hidden cables, etc. They each do the same job, with the same functions and features, so I'm hugely relieved for once that I didn't do the endless consumer research thing that I usually do and end up spending a fortune :D

Depends what you want it for. If to sent the internet to sleep with miles of some random road and holiday views then go high end like a go pro but having said that there is Chinese equivalents that get great reviews at a fraction of the price. National Geographical sell a version also. They should all be HD.
If you want it to just cover your ass with insurance claims something middle of the road. The 30 quid ones from Aldi get good reviews also. Yeah you can get the 15 quid ones what people say if good but if its for an insurance claim i want as much detail as possible so would stick with HD.

I bought a Nextbase 512G when it was on offer at halfords, it's £20 more now. Good picture quality, has GPS which I wanted, otherwise does much the same. I'd say it was a good mid range choice, obviously not as good as more expensive ones.
I now have 3 speedo's, dash cam, sat nav and the vans speedo, all showing different speeds :confused: :drive:

My vote goes with the Lidl one. It has a three year guarantee. On the odd occasion something has had to be returned, a refund or exchange has been offered.

I`ve had cheap ones, had numerous problems with them and they haven`t lasted very long.

I now have a Transcend DrivePro 220 Transcend DrivePro 220 Dash Cam and it seriously is the dogs b*llocks :dance:

It features day, date, time, latitude, longitude and speed all on the video which i can only describe as outstanding quality.

It comes with a 16GB microSDHC MLC memory card which gives you just over 2 hours worth ( in 5 minute segments ) of full HD video.

I`ve now bought a Transcend 64GB High Endurance microSD MLC Card after speaking to Transcend UK customer services which gives me over 8 hours recording.

Transcend 64GB High Endurance microSD Card with Adapter: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

The new card now means if there is any footage i want to keep i can sort it out and the end of the day instead of doing it at lunch time.

I have the transcend drive pro. seems to work quite well and ive captured my fair share of idiots lol

I got mine from Aldi £30, had it a year now with no problems and has the usual features that other have.

Depends what you want it for. If to sent the internet to sleep with miles of some random road and holiday views then go high end like a go pro but having said that there is Chinese equivalents that get great reviews at a fraction of the price. National Geographical sell a version also. They should all be HD.
If you want it to just cover your ass with insurance claims something middle of the road. The 30 quid ones from Aldi get good reviews also. Yeah you can get the 15 quid ones what people say if good but if its for an insurance claim i want as much detail as possible so would stick with HD.

I would never put content on the web, too open to abuse, it's purely for my own entertainment, and to put a few video memories away.

Thanks everyone for your input, always good to throw the question out there, especially when my own knowledge of said subject is lacking. :idea::confused:

If you are buying addition SD cards and want to record in HD, do check up on the card spec required. . It's not just the GB to take into account

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back